Wednesday, March 29, 2006

you were the sweetest thing that i ever knew...

but i don't care for sugar, honey,
if i can't have you...

Sort of ironic song choice. I'll explain.

First, I want to thank those of you who were kind enough to ask how the adjustment to my new medicine is going. For the record, it is going better and I am feeling human again. I can once again eat fruit (but I'm not daring to eat more than one piece at a time) and I've tolerated cooked vegetables okay, so I'm going to try raw vegetables again tomorrow. Tiny, tiny amounts of raw vegetables. Just in case.

Part of this increase/change in meds is because I need to get serious about the insulin resistance caused by my exotic ovary disease. I've been doing some reading to get more information, and sadly, any kind of sugar or sweets is going to be pretty much off-limits. And that high fructose corn syrup is seriously off limits. I don't know if you've read about this HFCS stuff, but you may want to give it up too. Because it's very bad and does crazy things to your insulin and glucose levels. And, at some undisclosed time in the not-too-distant future, it's going to kill all humans. And then it's going to take over and install its own evil HFCS system of government! You've been warned!

Okay, so I made that last part up, but I wasn't kidding about the rest.

And alas, I must sleep, because another part of the Defeat the Exotic Ovary Disease Plan is that I need to re-dedicate myself to going the gym. Which I am doing (yet again) tomorrow morning at 6:30. It's early but it gets it out of the way.

Good night, my sweets. And I really don't care for sugar, honey, if I can't have you!

7 comments:

Stewie said...

No more sweets!?!?

I feel for you. :(

Lesley said...

Thanks, Stewie.

I'm going to try my hand at some creative use of Splenda. Although with the new meds I'm not craving sweets at all, so who knows. Crazy stuff.

MoSup said...

Can you still eat clementines?

Lesley said...

YES! I specifically asked about them too. You know how I love my clementines.

I haven't had any recently (they're out of season anyway) but they are most definitely on the OK list. Yay!

MoSup said...

That is good news!!!

Lesley said...

I agree!

I had a navel orange with lunch. It seems to be agreeing with me so far. That was practice for when the clementines are back in town.

Ace said...

Good luck!