Thursday, May 11, 2006

patron saint needs your help!

Dear readers, this is a short missive asking for your help!

See, last Friday, I wrote a post making fun of the name of a local restaurant. Since then several people have Googled that name and found this blog. One person sent me an email that was nice, but some of the others? Not so nice!

So I checked Google, and it turns out that my blog is the only thing indexed with the name WildOily in it. Now here's where you come in:

If you would like to help your Patron Saint, and I know you do, please write a post including the term WildOily in it. Please note that WildOily is one word, not two. I don't care if you haven't used your blog in eons, you can scare up one tiny post for the Patron Saint, now can't you?

I don't care what it says, I don't care if you use the invisitext, just please do it for me, okay? And if you don't publish your full feed on RSS, please include WildOily as one of the first words in the post so that it will be indexed. Those of you who just read that and said "Wait... what???", don't worry about that part.

If you can't think of what to write for your WildOily blog post, here is a suggestion:
This WildOily blog post has been inspired by Lesley Herself. All hail The Lesley!
Lather. Rinse. Repeat!


Thank you, dear readers. You rock my world.

p.s. Auntie Lesley would like to remind you all that she has not yet received any questions for next Sunday's column! Should no letters be received, Auntie Lesley will be forced to compose a series of Open Letters, targeting certain individuals and entities deserving of her reproach!

21 comments:

Ace said...

Done.

Real said...

Never, I will not be involved in part of your communist plot :)

Lesley said...

ace - Thanks for the help! Your blog made me laugh!

real - you say that now... ;)

Freak Magnet said...

Anything to help you out.

Now you owe me.

Lesley said...

freak - Saw your blog - thanks! Let me know when you need to cash in that favor. :)

A Girl You Know said...

this is truly one of THE funniest things i've ever seen. who writes a mean letter to someone for thinking the name of a restaurant is perverted. CRAZINESS, i tell you. what has this world come to?? lol

Lesley said...

Well, you know those New Jerseyans. They can be a tough crowd!

I get all sorts of hate email. At least once or twice a month I hear from angry Catholics who don't like that I call myself a patron saint. Whatever!

So I'm waiting for the day I hear from an angry Catholic who is searching for WildOily!

Jenn from WA said...

Leslie - I only know of this because I read Freak Magnet. And I read Freak Magnet because she posted on my blog. BUT...this totally reminded me of something fun I used to do whilst connected to a customer service phone for a major software company in Redmond, Washington - who shall remain nameless. Anyhow...in our team we used to give each other a word that we had to use in our next call with a customer. Ever try to use the word Broccoli when discussing Windows (oops)? Or Snow White? Or Vaseline? The good ol' days.

And so my point, yes my point, I'm going to try to use WildOily in my next post in a way that seems "non-chalant" - of course if you knew my life you'd know that wildoily anywhere near my name would cause gross amounts of hysterical laughter of all my friends.
~jenn

Lesley said...

Jenn - Thanks for stopping by! I love that idea!!!

Back in my former life when I was training to be a pastor, my friends and I had a similar trick we used in our preaching classes. The most difficult one I had to do was that I had to somehow incorporate the phrase "Kibbles-n-bits! Kibbles-n-bits! I'm gonna get me some kibbles-n-bits!"

And I pulled it off.

Real said...

That is some mad skillz you got going there. Kibbles-n-bits! and Vasoline, that I want to hear in a sentance.

Peace in.

Norman said...

Done!! I put mine in the scrolling marquee. Will that work I wonder?

Lesley said...

real - I'll uh get back to you on that one...

norman - Thank you! It looks fabulous!

Stewie said...

Done.

bellerina said...

Done.

Lesley said...

Thanks Belle! You rock!!!

Stewie said...

Belle wins.

jin said...

Done. Late, but done, & creatively too I might add! ;-)

Lesley said...

Thanks, Jin. And yes, very creative! That's why I chose creative as the one word to describe you! :)

Ace said...

Depressingly, when I looked today, Freak and Norman made the Google, but I didn't. And I was first, dammit! :(

Lesley said...

Sorry, Ace! Don't worry, the Google crawl will find you soon, too.

And besides, you do get a prize for being first!

Jenn from WA said...

As promised, I was able to incorporate your word into my latest blog. Not clever by any stretch of the imagination, but its in there.

http://jennwraspir.blogspot.com/