Thursday, September 21, 2006

may i recommend...

Very little brainpower left for blogging tonight, people. You want some brainy, you'd better go looking elsewhere.

Instead I thought it might be fun to make a few recommendations for you. Do with them what you will...

First, Crocs! I finally bought a pair earlier this week and I have scarcely taken them off since. They are so comfortable -- even more so than my beloved Birkenstocks and Skechers. I love clogs in general and plus I thought they'd look cute worn with a pair of my hand-knit socks during the cooler months. I bought a pair in black, but I'm already planning to get a pair in another color in the non-holey model. If you love your feet, and you know you do, you should totally get a pair of these shoes.

If you're sad about the current lack of spinach, may I recommend escarole? It's also a dark, leafy green, and a rather tasty one at that. It's good in salad, in soup, and just cooked on its own. And, as an added bonus, none of that e coli which you don't want.

I also heartily recommend this DailyLit website. You can go to their site, choose a book you'd like to read, and then they email the book to you in daily snippets that take about five minutes to read. The books they have are all in the public domain, so a lot of them are books that I maybe meant to read but somehow only ended up reading the Cliffs' Notes for. Right now I'm reading Little Women courtesy of DailyLit. They send each installment very early in the morning so when I get to work it's waiting for me, and then I have a nice little reading break while I'm drinking my coffee. Fun, fun.

One final recommendation? Well, if you insist, here it is...

SLEEP! Yes, when you're very very tired there's nothing quite like a few hours of sleep to cure that tired feeling. And so, I'm going to take my own advice and get myself some of this "sleep" that I've heard such nice things about.

Tune in next time... same Lesley time! Same Lesley channel!

7 comments:

Stewie said...

You are such a caring blogger.

Lesley said...

stewie - Oh please. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

It's not that I care. It's more like I'm bossy and I'd really prefer it if people took my advice a lot more often than they do.

Ummm... did I just say that out loud?

Freak Magnet said...

Wasn't there another E Coli scare in bagged salad? And if there can be E Coli in bagged salad, what's to say there can't be in any of the leafy family? It's freaking me out.

But apparently not that much, since I just got finished eating a bag salad for lunch.

Katy said...

well i only like spinach when its cooked and creamed so the scare doesn't bother me!

Jenn from WA said...

Thanks for the recommendation to DailyLit. I've been searching for something to keep me occupied while at work.

Ranting said...

Crocs, good for fashion, bad for people who wrok in Dr's offices. Lots of girls I work with wear them. I'm thinking to myself, if you must wear the crocs in medical field at least get the ones without holes! I am not allowed to wear such shoes with holes in the lab.

Ecoli scary, scary. It seems that it is only in the bagged salad,spinich, etc. Perhaps we would all be safer if we went back to cutting up our own salad. Plus, it tastes better.

jin said...

Re the Crocs:
Ordered 2 pair over a year ago. One for D one for me. D's were WAY too small, mine were bordering on too small. I was going to say if you are a sock wearer I think they'd be FAB! But, alas...I am no sock wearer. EVER. No sir-ree. So I got blisters.
BUT
the good news: 2 pair of crocks stood up to Brioches terrible teething times!!! She went through all 4 shoes & stayed away from the furniture! YAY! LOL!!! Those are some seriously DAMN TOUGH SHOES!!!

P.S. Nifty New Set Up HERE!!! :-)