Thursday, September 14, 2006

requiem for the wildoily!

Can you believe it? The WildOily is no more!!! The horror! The HORROR!

Instead I present to you...


WildLily!!! I don't know if changing just one letter makes the place any more appealing, but there you have it. From WildOily to WildLily in just four short months. And of course I'd like to believe that this is all my doing. With some help from you, my dear readers. I noticed this change while out buying lunch today, and of course I thought of you all first. Because you're always on my mind.

I'm a bit curious to find out how the whole Lily thing is working out for them, but I don't think I'll be stopping by there for lunch any time soon, since I'm just a wee bit paranoid that the owners/operators themselves did a little Googling and now have some very not nice feelings for me. I mean, that's not outside the realm of possibility. I did get several Google searches for WildOily, and I even got a couple emails about it too. I really wasn't sure how to respond to those. "Why yes, that restaurant that I made fun of and swore I'd never go to in my blog would make a fine location for your next work luncheon." Who even asks a question like that, anyway? What I should have said was "Tell your cheap-ass tightwad of a boss to spring for something nicer than WildOily. Tell him The Lesley said so!"

Did you know that it was on this day in 1752 that the British Empire adopted the Gregorian Calendar? Yeah, it's true. In order to account for the change, 11 days had to be skipped, so they went right from September 2 to September 14. Damn. I wish we could have done that five years ago and just skipped right over September 11. And we could have been all "Joke's on YOU, al-Qaeda! That day you wanted to do evil things? GONE!" I'm not making light of the devestation, I'm just trying to imagine a world where it might not have happened. Like we all do.

Today is also the day that Napoleon's army captured Moscow in 1812. So if you want to commemorate, I suggest you do something French and Russian. I wouldn't mind a plate of French fries and a White Russian right now myself.

11 comments:

Real said...

I am sure we can get some white russians and french fries at wildlily.

Katy said...

hey I googled WildOily for the hell of it and there are 123 hits your blog came in third. Just thought you may want to know :)

Lesley said...

real - Well, we could get some fried rice and black tea there, would that be almost the same?

katy - Actually the other Google results are from people who wrote WildOily on their blog after I put a request on here asking them too. That is why I love my readers!

Stewie said...

I'd like a French kiss from a Russian hottie, please.

:rimshot:

Lesley said...

stewie - At least you're not asking for a French hottie to do something Russian for you. We don't discuss such practices on my blog. I will delete, I WILL DELETE!

Ace said...

I once saw a French whore in a hotel we were rushin' to leave.

Freak Magnet said...

I'm wondering if it was supposed to be WildLily all along and something was lost in the translation somewhere along the line.

Ace said...

Me too.

Lesley said...

freak and ace - Well this is a full service blog so I investigated this claim. The Chinese characters in the name have also changed. I asked one of my co-workers to please translate, and she said indeed that it had originally read Wild Oily and now reads Wild Lily.

Never doubt The Lesley. Never.

MoSup said...

A victory for The Lesley! You should become a business name consultant and charge big bucks for your services!

jin said...

That is so fucking hilarious!!!!

Who knew that simply having a blog gives one SO MUCH POWER!!!

Use it wisely lesley, use it wisely.
;-)