Thursday, January 04, 2007

enough is enough!


I've had it with these m.f. mice in my m.f. office!!!


With apologies to Samuel L. Jackson, who is originally from Chattanooga. If Real were here he'd want me to tell you that.

There's mice in my beautiful new office. Not the kind of mice that you plug into your USB port and double-click. Actual, disgusting MICE! Their presence has been known for about a week now and yet inexplicably, they are still here. And isn't there some stat about how for every one mouse you see there's 50 others? Can't like it, no want it!

One of my coworkers who sits two desks away from me just found one INSIDE HER DESK. I am completely skeeved out by this of course. And I feel terrible for my coworker, since she's always so nice to me and all. I'm afraid to open any of my desk drawers so I've just been periodically banging them with my garbage can. That'll show those mice who's boss.

Maybe I'll just never use my desk drawers again. I just have stupid things in there like files and lip balm. I used to keep oatmeal in my old desk but I'm thinking that may not be such a good idea now.

I was going to write a blog telling you all about my latest cybersleuthing achievement, but I need to go take a non-mouse-related lunch instead. But this latest cybersleuthing is a doozy, I can tell you that right now!

9 comments:

Real said...

Are those new new cyber sleuthing adventures or the ones I heard about last night.

Either way I want to know more.

I don't like mice and I don't like dirty mouse balls - that is why I went optical a long time ago.

Lesley said...

I am laughing my ass off at the phrase "dirty mouse balls." I think I want to start a punk band and call it Dirty Mouse Balls. Would you care to join me?

Yes, the cybersleuthing adventures are the same ones I told you about! :)

Freak Magnet said...

Eeeww. Definitely not good lunchtime reading material. Ick.

MoSup said...

Mother Superior says:

I hereby declare that The Lesley is officially awarded a merit badge in cybersleuthing!

This art and skill is being lost in her current occupation. The woman should be a spy!

Ace said...

We had mice in our office. Then TPTB killed them. They were kind of cute.

My mother is a mouse-killer of renown back home.

And I once found a mouse in my dishwasher in an old apartment. That was odd.

Jenn from WA said...

We had mice at one of my new offices too. Management decided it would be a good idea to put "healthy" traps out. Only they didn't plan on "picking" them up. So every morning we'd find mice, live, in these traps. Then, we, myself include, would release them into the wilds of Seattle...well, just outside our office door. So I'm sure they found their way back into the office.

Lesson Learned from this experience...don't leave any food out or around.

Lisa said...

Ewww Ewww Ewww!!!!

Dino aka Katy said...

I have two cats that are expert mouse hunters you can borrow them if you like.

Ranting said...

Go to the store and buy some of the "pest detourant" plug in thingys. They actually do work. Only fall back is, if you have a bring your pet to work day, make sure you don't bring a hamster! You'll have to opt for a bird or dog instead.