Wednesday, January 10, 2007

meme for a new year. and because i'm lazy.

Apparently the New Year's blog game is to post the first sentence from every month. In most cases I'm going to include the subject line too (my blog, my rules), otherwise the first line may not make much sense.

Let's reminisce, shall we?

January: Should old acquaintance be forgot? Probably. Merry New Year, kids!

February: Whip 'em out Wednesday in the Year of the Dog... Submitted for your approval, we have:

March: You wear all black and say you're poetic... (sing it with me!) ... but the truth is that you're just pathetic!

April: Xmas bells are ringing! Xmas bells are ringing! Somewhere else! Not here!

May: hooray, hooray, the first of may... who knows the next line? Say it with me if you do: "Outdoor fucking starts TODAY!"

(Good God, I can be so crass! Oh but you like that my babies, don't you?)

June: Hello, my lovelies. This post is going to be something I swore I'd never do.

July: two plus two is four, four plus four is eight... You may be wondering about the math reference in the title. I'll explain.

August: I love coffee, i love tea! I love the java jive and it loves me!

September: home again, home again, jiggity jig... Yup, I'm back in that magical place known as Jersey, in the land of New.

October: Have you seen my inspiration? Could you please send me some?

November: it's not easy being a patron saint... Well okay, it's easy being the patron saint of smart mouths. I'll explain.

December: After my rousing success with NaBloPoMo, I took a few days off from blogging.


In other news, I am pleased to announce that we just had our First Snowfall of the season here! It was big fluffy snow that made it look like we were inside a snowglobe. And maybe we are. It's hard to say. The snow has all melted now, but it was nice while it lasted. I hear it's supposed to be insanely warm again this weekend.

Just in time for my not-so-secret visit to see a not-so-secret person for his birthday! Oooh... can you guess who I'm talking about? Ooh, the intrigue! The suspense!

5 comments:

REAL said...

Someone is having a birthday this weekend?

Lesley said...

Yes, yes he is. ;)

Jenn from WA said...

I'm so hurt. You didn't come to see me on my birthday! = (

For the record, all the NJ snow is here in Seattle. Stupid snow!

Lesley said...

jenn - Oh but I totally wanted to! Except you've had all that crazy weather in Seattle so I was nervous about traveling there.

Yeah! That's it! ;)

but I thought your party sounded fun! Don't I get partial credit for that?

Ranting said...

Who!? Who?!?

Oh, Lesley, the suspense is killing me. You never mentioned there would be a quiz at the end of this post!lol!