Monday, January 29, 2007

near, far, wherever you are!

These are (some of) the thoughts that are swishing around my head at this hour. Would you like a peek? Would you? Okay then! Come on, let's go!

You know that feeling you'd get when you were a kid and it would snow overnight? Like maybe school would be canceled and all that undone homework wouldn't matter? Yeah, that's the feeling I have today. I know I'll have to go to work, but I'm thinking a little bit of a "delayed opening" is in order. Because Rizzo the Beetle and I are NOT venturing out before I know the plows and sand trucks have been out. And because Yay! Snow Day!

I have only watched Titanic once all the way through, and that was the day I saw it at the movies with my friend Jeni. (Remember that, Jeni? FUN!!!) When I got it on VHS that next year, they had divided it into two tapes, with the first one ending right around the time the iceberg hits. So that became the only tape I watched. The happy half. Everyone's happy, everyone's in love, and Rose and Jack are all MFEO. Yesterday, I caught Titanic on the TNT channel, and I watched it right up until the infamous Car Scene, which includes the cheesy line of "Jack! Put your hands on me!" And then I turned it off. Happy half only! You see, this gives me the freedom to make up my own mega-happy ending. So instead of all that unpleasantness with the boat sinking and people being dead and all, I can imagine that they get safely to New York, and Rose is all "To the left, Twin Peaks guy! I love Leonardo!" and Twin Peaks guy admits he's really in love with his "man servant" (which, please! totally obvious!) so both happy couples ride off into the sunset and Celine belts out a love song just for them. Happy!

I still haven't quite kicked the sinus infection, if you can believe. Lots of congestion, especially in my ears. I'm doing whatever I can to get better though, rest assured. I am also quite in awe of my body's ability to produce snot. Along the same lines, whoever invented Mucinex should be given a gold medal. Because it's very good stuff. And maybe if they had a gold medal they wouldn't charge so damn much for it.

I have always enjoyed podcasts but recently I've gotten very much hooked on several. Maybe I should get my own but then I don't know if that would be such a good idea. It would just be this blog in oral (or is it aural) form most likely. Okay, so no podcast. Unless you really want it, in which case you're cordially invited to call me for the live action show.

In honor of the snow, I have just declared a Casual Monday so I can wear jeans to work. Not that I wouldn't anyway. I encourage you to do the same. Formal work clothes? Who needs them?!!

Speaking of, I should probably finish getting ready for the worky. Have a good day, dear readers. Near, far, wherever you are!

5 comments:

Jenn from WA said...

Sad to say, but Titanic is one of my least favorite movies. The first time I saw it I was, well, buzzed. And all I could think of was, "why the hell would I watch a 4 friggin hour long movie to find out, guess what, they hit an iceberg and the lot of them die?"

I too caught it on TNT as I was channel surfing and I said, out loud to me and my cat, "Hmmm, I wonder how this ends." = )

REAL said...

Sadly, I am far.

Maybe we should make plans for the weekend of March 14th - you know for the holiday.

I have never watched the Titanic movie - but you already now that, so that is my own little happy ending right there.

Lesley said...

jenn - Your cat still may be wondering how it ends, you know. I'm just saying! :)

real - Holiday in March? You must mean St. Patrick's Day, right?

Dino aka Katy said...

i agree the first half is so much better. I am happy to hear someone has snow. I have yet to see a single snowflake

Freak Magnet said...

Billy Zane is friggin' HOT. I take him over Leonardo any day and night of the week.