Friday, January 19, 2007

sick day 2.0

It's a sick day in Lesleyland, second one in a row. I think it's just a bad cold avec fever but I'm watching carefully just in case. And also taking my Vitamin C and drinking lots of herb tea like a good girl. It's really teh suck, I just have to say. My head really hurts and the fever makes me feel weird like my head is kind of floaty and I'm alternating between freezing and then throwing all my blankets off. Nice.

Because of the whatever-this-is, I had to miss Startup-dot-org's one-day retreat yesterday and then holiday party last night. I could take or leave the retreat but I'm pretty bummed about missing the party. Last year's party was legendary, although I doubt that night could be replicated, especially since Favorite Russian Coworker wouldn't be there handing out the tequila shots and proposing toasts that I couldn't refuse.

The one bright spot in all this is that I got my new cell phone delivered yesterday and it is all sorts of snazzy. It's an LG (get it? LG! Like me!) VX8600, which is basically a Chocolate flip phone, even if Verizon isn't marketing it as a Chocolate. The non-flip Chocolate has some wonky button issues, and was just not for me. Real and I went to the Verizon store and played with all the phones so I could pick one out but then I ordered online, because online is free but the store wanted $79.99. For the same damn phone!

Since this phone is a Chocolate but yet much sleeker and sexier than the original Chocolate, Real and I refer to it as "Sexual Chocolate." Yes, that is the name of the fictional funk band in the movie "Coming to America." But it's catchy, isn't it? Maybe I should tell Verizon and LG about it. I keep referring to the phone as the Sexual Chocolate because I forget that not everyone is in on Real's and my jokes. And probably not everyone wants to be...

And now I wonder what kind of Google searches I'll be getting from all this Sexual Chocolate!

On that note, I am going back to bed, people. But I'll be thinking of all you working schmoes while I'm home resting. Or not. Whatever.

5 comments:

REAL said...

Speaking of fun Google searches - yesterday I got a visitor from the Islamic Nation of Iran.

My Iranian visitor was looking for Voyerism (sic).

True Story!

I hope you get better soon.

Dino aka Katy said...

i can't wait to get a new cell I am kind of tired of my razr but I can't upgrade right now so its either paying $100-$300 depending which I end up getting or waiting. I am not even sure if I wanna do phone or blackberry but I got time.

Hope you feel better soon

Freak Magnet said...

I have the regular chocolate, and those fucking buttons... I have to use the nail on my pinky because they're so small, and don't even get me STARTED on how touchy the dial is.

But it was the second phone I got, and I couldn't exchange it. :(

Lisa said...

Blech... sick. Hope you're feeling better today Lesley!

MoSup said...

Prayers for feeling better! Sounds like a flu, by the way, but I know how much you hate admitting you're sick.

My word verification is "vwlelz." Almost like Lesley's VW.