Wednesday, February 21, 2007

and to dust you shall return

It's Ash Wednesday, people, and your Patron Saint has a dusty little ashy cross on her forehead. I was going to say something about the day, but then I thought I couldn't say anything better than what I said last year, so I'll give it a rest.

It was brought to my attention by Ace that yesterday's meme was missing a few numbers. I hadn't noticed. This is why Ace is an editor and I'm not. Well, not the only reason, but a reason nonetheless. I don't know where those missing numbers went, but I've noticed that most memes are missing numbers. What happens to them? Do they get stuck in the tubes of the internets somewhere?

I feel like the most boringest blogger ever today. I'm like this close to telling you people what I am going to eat for lunch, even though that is (supposedly) the number one rule of blogging -- no one cares what you ate for lunch. Well, shit, I care! This week I realized that it was almost March and thus I could put off my New Year's Resolutions no longer. So all the good nutrition practices I had let slide and been all loosey-goosey with? Yeah, they're back on, baby. It really hasn't been too bad. Really. And I do feel a whole lot better when I eat a more balanced diet and have the mini-meals every three hours like I'm supposed to in order to keep my blood sugar stable, yo! Plus I'm remembering that there are things I really like which I think I had forgotten about. Like lots of fresh fruit and vegetables? Yay! And that Kashi Go Lean Crunch? It rocks! Like a hurricane!

Ummm... yeah... sorry. I'm just a little excited. You know, it's not easy to write about the nutrition and stuff here. Sometimes I'm excited about it, and other times I get really really discouraged. This is one of the excited times. I'm trying to avoid the discouraged time, I guess.

Anyway, time for my brown rice, black beans, mango salsa, fish, and salad. OMG! Look at what a rebel rule-breaker I am! I just told you what I'm having for lunch!

9 comments:

REAL said...

Perhaps we should track it back as far as possible and find out if those memes ever had all of their numbers or not.

Maybe they are with my missing socks.

MoSup said...

I like to hear about what people ate for lunch.

In my efforts to eat up all the food in my house and not buy new, I ate Ritz crackers with sausage and cheese, milk, tea, and four chocolates.

It's interesting to compare lunches.

MoSup said...

Oh yeah, and if we were in junior high, we could swap some of our lunch foods!

Sid said...

Was your fish at lunch a retro way of honoring the Day of Obligation, or is that just the nutrition working?

I've been trying the Kashi Go Lean Crunch the past few breakfasts. It was a bit of a stretch to finish the first bowl (the flavor and texture were NOT what I expected), but the advertised "surprisingly unhungry all morning" feeling was quite pleasant. I'm likely to pick up another box soon.

My Wednesday lunch was leftover homemade chicken and rice with peas and Diet Coke. Mmm.

Lesley said...

real - I bet they are with your missing socks, having a grand old time!

mosup - I think those bloggers are wrong, and we're right -- it IS interesting to know what people ate for lunch!

sid - The fish was more of a "I cannot eat chicken for lunch one more day in a row, goddamnit" which then ended up being my own retro Ash Wednesday piety. Glad to hear you liked the Go Lean Crunch! I love it, obviously. I once bought the non-Crunch "Kashi Go Lean" and it was horrible, so I'd recommend staying away from that one. Chicken and rice sounds good, btw. I'm coming over for dinner!

Sid said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the non-Crunch Kashi Go Leans. I was curious about them--those people name cereals like those Panic! at the Disco kids name songs.

And anonymous and I would love for you to come over anytime.

Lesley said...

They have a whole Go Lean product line, but I can only vouch for the aforementioned Crunch, and some of the bars. Their frozen meals, while not Go Lean, are excellent.

I totally wish I could have dinner with you and Anonymous tonight! And then Thursday night TV! And perhaps some beverages...

Jenn from WA said...

I'm not catholic. But I decided that I could give something up for Lent. I decided that it might be a good practice to just see how hard it was. So I decided to give up chocolate. Thought about caffeine and figured there was no way in H-E - double - hockey sticks I could. So on my way to work I swung by and got my morning ritual drink. Half way through the day I smacked myself on the head because I realized I drank a Mocha. Does that count? Is liquid chocolate mixed with coffee and milke REALLY chocolate? Perhaps I should just give up sex. Apparently that hasn't been to terribly difficult of late.

Ace said...

I gave up Catholicism for Lent.