Tuesday, February 27, 2007

but not a real green dress, that's cruel

I just want to let you all know that I have already purchased the winning ticket to tonight's Mega Millions. $216 million all for me, babies! With that kind of money I would totally retire from my present job, as soon as I figured out how Cobra works and all that. Because even if I win two hundred and eleventy million dollars, I still want my insurance.

I think I need to check myself into Britney's rehab. I have the previously-mentioned cough and now the sinuses are bad again too and once again I am in awe of my body's ability to produce snot. So I'm thinking maybe my sinuses are addicted to antibiotics or something and they need some serious rehab. Strange but true. I heard all about Britney's rehab on the radio and it does not sound bad. You get a room with a fireplace and a view of the ocean, gourmet meals, massage, trainers, etc etc, all for the tidy sum of $48,000 for a 30 day stay. I think they probably have a happy hour too. I would definitely inquire about that.

Oh! And, little disclaimer here... if you feel moved to advise me that antibiotics are bad blah blah and resistance blah blah and I should take herbs blah blah, I'll have to ask you to save it for a rainy day. I think it's a good idea to take bronchitis seriously. Because that whole breathing thing? I kind of like it. But that's just me.

Some people I know are breaking all the blog rules by posting what they had for lunch. And you know? I really like it! I don't know who said that no one cares what you had for lunch, but they are wrong.

For breakfast I had that peanut butter you get from the machine in Whole Foods on seven-grain bread with half a banana, and of course coffee with skims. Not sure yet what I'm having for lunch, but I'm sure it will be soup-related.

Over and out.

9 comments:

REAL said...

Blogging about food isn't that bad - it isn't like you are blogging about your cat (you know who you are).

I sure hope I could help you spend some of that winning lotto ticket.

Lesley said...

real - Sure you could!
If I had a million dollars,
I'd buy you a monkey.
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?


And yeah, those cat bloggers. Sickies!

Stewie said...

I don't know what's worse, a cat blogger or a blogger with google ads.

It's a toss up, if you ask me.

And you both can kiss my ass.

Lesley said...

stewie - Well since I am neither a cat blogger or a google ad-er, I am innocent here.

At least you're not a dog blogger. Those are the real crazies.

koskita said...

I had chicken soup, grapefruit, and girl scout cookies for lunch.

The cat bloggers are slow today in picking up the snark in these comments. All I can say is, at least they aren't blogging about their dogs! Or babies!

Lesley said...

koskita - I also had chicken soup for lunch! OMG! I also had yogurt, tea, and an orange. I think there are officially no good oranges left, as this one sucked. I ate it anyway because it was $1.50. Stupid California orange freeze!

REAL said...

Stewie - I know which one is worse!

MoSup said...

I hope you're feeling better!!

sid said...

I think people who post what they had for lunch are completely self-indulgent. And I like to encourage them whenever possible. We all need some non-destructive self-indulgence, right?