Friday, February 09, 2007

mercurial future, forget the past

Hello people. I have much to say today but most of it will have to wait, because I'm at work and need more time to gather my thoughts than work allows.

But I do have a question for you, my dear readers. And I must add that if you answer to the name "Real" that you should skip this question and don't read the answers! That's right. Go here instead! Look! Shiny things!

Okay, now that Real's gone, I wanted to ask the rest of you. If you were my boyfriend, which you're not, but if you were, what would be a nice Valentine's Day gift to get you? It needs to be something that I can get either today or tomorrow because I need to send it, since alas, my Real and I will not be together.

And just a warning, if your answer to this question involves March 14th and a two-part answer, the first of which is pictured here to the right, well you go ahead and keep that to yourself. Let's keep it PG-13 here, shall we?

V-Day is very difficult. There's no guidance for women, whereas men have all those helpful jewelry commercials. Or of course there's always "Step one: cut a hole in the box"...

I'm just saying.

7 comments:

Dino aka Katy said...

i have been trying to figure out what to give grumpy and I am leaning towards an old fashion love letter - you know the kind where you put your perfume on the paper and then write in calligraphy about what he means to you. otherwise watches are always nice or a surprise visit

koskita said...

You should make a special computer game for Real starring yourself. Someone suggested several titles to me, but I will refrain from publishing them on your blog...except that one of them included the words "spank" and "tail." Sick!

Lesley said...

katy - The love letter idea is very romantic -- much more so than a love email! Grumpy is very lucky!

koskita - Oh if only I had time to write a computer game between now and V-Day! I would be very interested to hear some of the other titles that "Someone" suggested. ;)

MoSup said...

Tools. They all like tools.

Ace said...

A robot monkey!

REAL said...

Don't be silly Ace, she knows I already have one of those.


;)

Jenn from WA said...

Ace sorta took my response, I was gonna say a blow up doll, but am afraid Real would respond he already has one.

That aside, why not a singing telegram? = ) I jest.