Monday, February 05, 2007

tell me why, i don't like mondays...

Do you ever think of that song on Monday mornings? I sure as hell do. I even downloaded it this morning. I had some sort of interesting-Irish-poet crush on Bob Geldof about ten or so years ago. But as much as I don't like Mondays, that song does worry me a bit, because apparently it's about a girl who shot some people and when they asked her why, all she said is "I don't like Mondays." Well, don't worry, people. I don't like the Mondays, but I'm not going to shoot you. Honest.

It's colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra today here. It was five (5) degrees when I started Rizzo the Beetle up this morning. I had to cycle the glowplugs twice and each time took more than 20 seconds. That's diesel talk for "I was THIS close to having a frozen fuel line and gunked-up frozen diesel but those glowplugs saved my ass." I just checked the weather for where I used to live in St. Paul, MN and it's currently -12 there with a windchill of -26. So suddenly I don't feel so bad.

And anyway, I have good news on this cold Monday, I've been tagged by Lisa! I'm supposed to write about six (6) things you don't know about me, and I think they're supposed to be interesting and/or weird factoids too. I believe I did this one before, but please! Like I have a shortage of weird and/or interesting things to share!

1. I actually love my job. I also love complaining about it sometimes. But I love the job more than the complaining. That's an important distinction.

2. I used to worry about having to do x, y, and z before I turned 30. Then I turned 30 and wondered what I was so worried about. 30 is fun. It means you survived your 20s!

3. When I'm sitting on a plane waiting for it to take off, I say a Hail Mary. I also keep a rosary in my carry-on. Regardless of any current religious affiliation.

4. I have a sore throat and my ears hurt today too. I guess that's not such a weird thing, but it's probably something you didn't know about me. And yes, I have done the following: gargled, taken a decongestant, and called the doctor. And I'm having a cup of Lemon Zinger now.

5. I think I am becoming more introverted as I get older. Either that or I'm becoming way more selective about with whom I wish to speak. I don't think that's such a bad thing.

6. I hate feel-good movies and news stories. Anything that's supposed to be inspirational or "based on a true story" is enough to make me break out in hives, probably because I hate feeling like I'm being manipulated. The one exception is that I usually always manage to get sucked in by those cheesy Hallmark movies that they show on Sunday nights sometimes after Cold Case. But that's not my fault. I'm just innocently watching Cold Case and they show way too many ads for the Hallmark movie, and then all of a sudden I just have to know if the lonely farmer and the mysterious new woman in town are going to get together and adopt the mute boy who has no family.

If that's the most boring "six things you didn't know list" then please, don't tell me. I am hereby tagging the WHOLE DAMN WORLD. If you have a blog, this means you. Get going!

btw, not that you asked but this was the best commercial of the whole damn Superbowl.

5 comments:

REAL said...

I knew some of these - You will have to tell us more, or just me.

;)

Once, I would like the Hallmark movie to have a unpredictable ending. Like the Farm boy and the new girl in town get married and have a honey moon and then they come back home and a tornado sweeps them and there trailer away to the land of oz.

I would watch that.

Lesley said...

I think you should write to Hallmark with that idea. It's MONEY, baby!

I'd like to see them do one that starts out like they normally do but then morphs into a Steven Seagall movie and the ponytail man kicks some ass.

Lisa said...

Just wait till you're about to hit 40 little Miss! I'm worrying all over again. Thanks for playing!!

Oh, and loved that commercial, but my favorite was the Snickers one. :D

Dino aka Katy said...

i totally missed to superbowl (i was watching the my boys marathon) and the commercials thanks that one was good

Jenn from WA said...

OMG - I loved the snickers one.

And if you missed it, guess what YouTube has it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkoZ7ngAM0