Monday, March 19, 2007

bringin the happy for the monday

I haven't blogged since Thursday. I am a bad patron saint. Okay, that's not true. But (oh sing it with me!) I've been one poor correspondent. I've been too too hard to find. But that doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind...

So yeah, it's Monday, people, MONDAY. And since I'm trying to keep up with the Happy Along, today's my day to list some things that make me happy. And if you're having problems finding the happy, I really recommend you do the same. It put me in a really good mood every time.

In no particular order, here's the happy:

1. I've been feeling much much better. I would say that the pneumonia's mostly all gone, although I can still feel it when I take a deep breath but that's prolly also due to the fact that I cracked two of my ribs from coughing too hard. Me Lesley! Me cough fierce! But I definitely have my energy back and I'm feeling much more like myself again.

2. Free HBO preview over the weekend made it possible for me to watch lots and lots of Sex & the City on the OnDemand. I also watched Wedding Crashers and the Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy. I used to really love Kids in the Hall back in the day. The movie is quite good although, sadly, there are no appearances by the Chicken Lady. She was, after all, my favorite recurring character on that show.

3. I finished a pair of socks! And I am wearing them today! They are so nice and toasty-warm and just feel amazing. I'll post some pictures so you all can covet my nifty new socks and my sock-knitting prowess.

4. Spring begins on Wednesday. We had a crazy ice storm on Friday so there's ice and snow everywhere but I don't mind it so much because this will be the last of the winter weather. I got a nice little early dismissal from work on Friday because of it, too. It didn't make for such good driving though. Snow I don't mind too much, but ice? I will pass on that action, thank you very much.

5. I got a haircut on Thursday so my hair is back to being cute, which makes me happy. I'm getting some highlights this week so I'll be looking all super cute then.

6. Have you seen that countdown clock in the upper left corner? I'm going to see Real in four days! I am sooooo happy about that!

Whoa, people, this is a lot of happy. I hope you didn't go over your happy quota by reading this. But just in case you can handle some more of the happy, here's a little movie clip for you. It's a very festive scene from my (new) favorite Kevin Smith movie...



That's all I've got today. Lesleygirl out!

9 comments:

REAL said...

I wonder if number 5 is related to number 6?

;)

I promise the weather will be better here.

Lesley said...

No, silly, I *always* have cute hair!

Besides, I heard that some people are avoiding haircuts due to number 6.

That's just what I've heard.

REAL said...

I have heard the same thing.

;)

Jenn from WA said...

You both made me go back and read 5 and 6.

For the record, I love the dancing nun in the video.

Dino aka Katy said...

I want snow - I haven't seen a single snowflake this year!!!!!!

Jewels said...

The Chicken Lady ROCKS! *feather's exploding everywhere!* ;)

Lesley said...

jenn - I think he was trying to get a cross-section of Jersey types. We have dancing nuns everywhere. True story.

katy - Awwww... not one flake? I can't believe it! Everyone needs at least one good snowfall!

jewels - LOL! The exploding feathers was always my favorite moment! And the Chicken Lady does rock. One of my co-workers and I like to yell random Chicken Lady quotes at each other, but we have to be careful with that. Not everyone understands the humor of saying "I'm masturbaaaating!" in Chicken Lady voice!

Jewels said...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You just brought back the little mechanical horse ride back to mind.
LOL!

Lesley said...

I just found it on YouTube. I love YouTube!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdZStLlvxCU


LOL