Tuesday, March 06, 2007

happy along

I'm back at work today, people! I'm feeling mostly better and I think I'm getting my fight back so I believe that makes the score:
Lesley: 1
Pneumonia: 0

Nice try, pneumonia. Better luck next time.

I've certainly had my share of the crabby appletons lately. But I'm not the only one. I think there's a cloud over blogland and there's lots of crabby appletons going around. So, I'm going to do as was suggested my one of my knitting blogfriends, and participate in a Happy Along. I'll add the appropriate linkage later, but basically all I need to do is make something that makes me happy and also do something to make someone else happy. Before the end of the month. That's a lot more detail than I care to cover at this time so you'll just have to wait. But in the meantime, I'll just write a nice, non-crabby list of things that make me happy today. And I invite you to join the Happy Along and do the same.

Things that make me happy today, March the 6th, 2007:

1. My purple cough medicine, pictured here. If I have to take something that tastes this bad, at least it comes in a pretty color. Oh and the codeine's not bad either.

2. Rizzo the Beetle started up this morning, even after sitting out in the cold weather for a few days plus a 2 degree windchill. Go Rizzo!

3. My nephew B turned 9 yesterday. It's amazing that he is 9 years old and yet I am still 25, as I was when he was born. (Shut up! I totally am!) The night he was born I had gone out for some post-Thursday night TV margaritas with my friends and since I didn't have a cell phone yet (it was 1998, after all) I kept checking my voicemail every 5 minutes from a payphone until I heard the good news that I had a new redheaded nephew. So when it's B's birthday it makes me think of going out for beverages with my grad school friends. Good times.

4. I am back at work today and yet the onion is out taking a vacation day. Is my timing great or what? That makes me very happy!

5. My new keyboard tray, which was installed while I was out. So now I can finally get the big spaghetti mess of wires off my desk and make the place look presentable.

6. The forecast for snow, since I assume that will make for at least a delayed opening tomorrow. And those make me happy.

7. The winning lottery ticket, which I will purchase later today. And this time, I mean it!


I think that's enough happy for now. For breakfast I had the natural peanut butter on twelve grain bread with half a banana, and coffee with skims. Lunch will be chicken noodle soup and yogurt. Over and out.

6 comments:

REAL said...

I can think of something else that makes me happy.

Lesley said...

real - What? Puppies? Rainbows? Sunset walks along the beach?

REAL said...

All of the above.

Anonymous said...

SO....were you the big winner???

Lesley said...

No, I didn't win! There was apparently a winner from NJ but not me.

Because the megamillions is prejudiced against me. That's what it is! Bastards!

Freak Magnet said...

Why must you post such delectable dishes on your blog? I just finished lunch and now I'm jonesing for a peanut butter sandwich and a banana.

YOU'RE EVIL, WOMAN!!! EVIL, I TELL YA!!!