Thursday, March 22, 2007

made that list, checked it twice

Guess what people? I get to see Real TOMORROW!

I am very bad about packing for any kind of trip. And by very bad, I mean that I like to procrastinate and then bitch about how much I hate packing and then procrastinate some more. I really don't like it. So I made a list. And then I decided that since Chattanooga is having such lovely weather, that I deserved some new clothes, so I went and bought some new clothes. Some new shoes too!

I did this shopping during my lunch hour today, along with several other things. I had a list for those tasks too, and I was on a sort-of deadline, since I didn't want to be gone for more than an hour and a half. When you have a bunch of things to do in a short amount of time, are you like me and feel like you're reenacting a scene from Goodfellas? Except I didn't have a helicopter following me, and I didn't have to go pick up a paper bag of guns, and I didn't have to mix up a batch of my very own special Irish gangster marinara. Other than that, totally like Goodfellas, though.

First, I had to go buy diesel. I would like to send out a very important Public Service Announcement on behalf of my fellow diesel drivers to you, the gasoline-using majority. And it is this: STOP BLOCKING THE DIESEL PUMP! See, when you go to the filling station (it's not a "gas station" when you drive a diesel, since I don't buy gas, I buy diesel!) there's normally many many gas pumps and ONE lonely diesel pump. And, for reasons unknown to me, there's always some gasser who is blocking the lone diesel pump instead of pulling up to a gas pump that is not near the diesel. Do me this courtesy -- pick a different pump. Rizzo the Beetle will thank you for it.

After that, I went to the mall for the aforementioned new clothes. It was windy. I had a skirt on. I haven't worn a skirt in weeks, months even, why is it windy the first day I put one on? Well, let's just say that the losers waiting for the bus got a nice show. Yikes.

Then I drove over to a strip mall. They had just repainted and rerouted the parking lot. I had missed that memo. The new parking configuration now sucks, but at least it sucks in an orderly fashion.

I then went to other strip mall but realized that I really didn't have enough time if I wanted to eat my leftover shrimp with vegetables before I had to get back to work. And besides there was this helicopter following me...

Well anyway. Thank you to those of you who emailed me about yesterday's post. I liked it too. Sometimes I find zero comments worrisome but that wasn't the sort of post I expected comments on. I write this for me, people. ME.

You most likely won't hear from me this weekend. I believe Mr. Rogers said it best when he sang:
I'll be back, when the week is new,
and I'll have more ideas for you,
and you'll have things you'll want to talk about,
I
will
too

Have a good weekend, boys and girls!

6 comments:

REAL said...

If it has to suck at least it can suck in an orderly fashion.

It is very important to be orderly while engaging in suckitude.

Dino aka Katy said...

have fun down south

Brooklyn Frank said...

have fun and g'luck!

-frank

Norman said...

i NEVER block the diesel pump. EVER.

NORMAN!

Stewie said...

Sometimes I find zero comments worrisome...

Comment whore. Why don't you just put a "Donate" button on your blog while you're at it.

Jeez.

:)

Other than that, I really liked the Goodfellas reference.

Lesley said...

katy - thanks! we did! :)

frank - welcome. and thanks!

norman - well, that's because you rock.

stewie - I'm glad you appreciated the Goodfellas. I'm not sure if anyone else did, and I love that movie.