Wednesday, March 28, 2007

one banana, two banana, three banana, four!

Sometimes the whole "post title" thing seems pointless to me, so I figured I'd use the opportunity to sing (yes, SING!) a line from the theme song of the Banana Splits. I used to love that show. It kicked some serious ass. My family now likes to claim that they didn't like it so much and that they also didn't like my constant singing of the theme song but I know they're just saying that. Everyone loves the Banana Splits. EVERYONE!

So I realized that with my weekend visit to the Nooga, I had neglected my Monday happy-along. So here's your serving of happy, served to you fresh on Wednesday.

Things that make me happy today:

1. My visit with Real this past weekend! 'Nuff said!!!

2. Right now, outside my window, there is a rainbow that has formed as the sun is setting, but you can only see a really tiny snippet of it because it's got this lacy cloud all around it. I have decided that I am the only one who can see it and thus it is there just for me to see and enjoy the pretty.

3. I have a Super Uber Secret Weekend trip coming up in April, and I am so excited because it's less than one month away! Woo hoo! I cannot reveal any details about the Super Uber Secret Weekend other than to say that I'm way excited, and no, it's not a weekend with Real. That's in May.

4. Remember the yarn I asked you guys about? I have started knitting this sweater with it, and it looks just beautiful so far. I'll post a progress picture very soon. Even though it won't be (technically) sweater weather when I'm done with it, I am still really enjoying knitting it. And besides, EVERY day is sweater weather in my office.

5. I sent Real a surprise yesterday and it is on its way to him right now! Last time I checked it was in Roanoke, Virginia and should be delivered to him tomorrow. Real and I met halfway in Roanoke once. I can only presume that the surprise had to make a stop to tour some underground caverns and maybe catch some eats at the local Cracker Honkey Barrel. I really hope that Real likes the surprise! He totally doesn't know what it is! Mwahahahahah!!!

6. I just bought a big pile of fun new books at Borders when they were having a special discount for people who work in education. Hey, I have an ID from Fancypants University with my name on it and a current sticker, I'm "in education"!

7. I get paid the day after tomorrow. That's always a source of the happy. This will put me one paycheck closer to getting rid of all my debt, and one paycheck closer to my dream of home ownership!

I believe this is enough happy for now. More than enough, even. Please! Stop with all the happy! This exercise may seem dorky but I promise you, it puts me in a really good mood every time I do it.

Incidentally, there is a rumor that the Banana Splits theme song may reside on my iPod at this moment, in the playlist bearing the name "workout music." I can neither confirm nor deny these rumors.

Instead, I can sing for you!

Tra la la, la la la la, Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la, Tra la la, la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One banana, two banana, three banana, four

Four bananas make a bunch, so do many more.
Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
Coming up to bring you the Banana Splits show

Making up a mess of fun!
Making up a mess of fun!
Lots of fun for everyone!

Tra la la, la la la la, Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la, Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la, Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la, Tra la la, la la la la
(and on and on...)

4 comments:

REAL said...

I will figure out what the surprise is by the end of the day tomorrow.

;)

Lisa said...

The Banana Splits?? Huh?

That sweater ROCKS! What color is yours? Can't wait to see it.

Lesley said...

real - Mmmmmmaybe... since it's "OUT FOR DELIVERY" as I write this! ;)

lisa - You didn't watch the Banana Splits? It was my favorite after-school / Saturday morning kids show when I was growing up! It's on some retro channel now, but I haven't caught it recently.

The yarn for my sweater is called "Purple Pansies" and it's a mix of two different purples, two different greens, and that gold accent color that the purple pansies get. I think it's going to be just gorgeous!

MoSup said...

Does this really work to make you happy? I'll try it if it does, because I need some serious happiness.