Monday, April 14, 2008

and all the roads we have to walk are winding...

Unless they're roads that we drive. And what better way to drive than in a Beetle! That's Rizzo the Beetle there on the right. As luck would have it, my upstairs neighbor drives a yellow Beetle, and so normally they are parked next to each other. I think they look super cute like that. It reminds me of that scene from "Herbie Fully Loaded" where the two Beetles are going out on a date together. They showed that scene during the commercial. I didn't see the movie or anything.

There are people out there still seeking to harsh my mellow. If you are one of these people, STOP IT. NOW.

In other news, I have to tell you that after just two (2) short weeks with the Magic Sleep Machine a.k.a. CPAP, I am totally hooked on it. I can't even tell you how much more energetic I feel now. The ironic part is that I'm actually sleeping fewer hours now. I guess my body had adjusted to getting 6 or 7 hours of crappy sleep so 4 or 5 hours of good sleep suits me just fine. This morning I was up for the day at 5:30, which gave me time before work to unload my dishwasher, do a load of laundry, and then sit out on the lanai while I drank my morning coffee. As luck would have it, it took me about an hour to get to work today because of a six-mile backup due to an accident (for you locals, 295 was backed up from Bordentown all the way to the Route 1 exit). Rather than stress about being late for work, I figured there was nothing I could do about it, so I put on some music and sang along. I think my unstressed response is due to the high-quality sleepies I've been getting, but I could be wrong. Stranger things have happened.

And now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish watching Juno now. I am about halfway through and I am VERY mad at her boyfriend for asking the soup girl to the prom!!! I need to see what happens next!

2 comments:

Freak Magnet said...

So nice of you to moved to a neighborhood so Rizzo would have friends.

Jenn from WA said...

Does your upstairs neighbor have a name for her beetle? Maybe it's called Sandy. (Grease reference there).