Monday, April 21, 2008

early blog

This sinus infection is kicking. my. ass. so I need to get some major sleepies tonight. Thus the early blog. I have some ideas I'm kicking around, but nothing I want to blog just yet. So... in the meantime, how about some more photos of the new casa? Yay! Once again, a disclaimer that this is a work in progress and yes, I am working on getting some stuff on the walls and adding some color, etc. First things first, though. It's all a journey...

So if you were to come over, this is where we would sit down to have a meal. I love this dining room set! It was a gift from a friend of LesleyMom's, and I am much appreciative. It came with two leaves so I can expand it. I figure someday I'll look to buy two more chairs and a server to go with it, but for now, it suits me just fine.


And this is the lanai! If you were to visit, perhaps we would sit out here and, oh I don't know, polish off a box of wine, maybe. I found a bistro set that I like but I'm waiting until a little later in the spring when such things go on sale. For now it's just my camp chair. When there's a visitor I bring one of the dining room chairs outside too. Very nice.



This is where I sleep. I was told that this is a "scandalous duvet"! And so it is. Except I got it from IKEA. So you still get the scandal, but you have to put it together with an Allen wrench. And that night stand is part of the new bedroom furniture that I bought. The dresser matches it, so just use your imagination there. Nice, right?



And this is the lovely mirror in my bathroom. I had just cleaned it when I took this photo. And you can't see them in this photo, but to the left there is a shower/bathtub, and a washer/dryer. This is a full-service operation, after all.

Well I would love to write more but I must sleep. Good night!

7 comments:

Carey said...

Like the total perv that I am, I am wondering what kind of soap that is on your bathroom sink -- is it that stuff from Target? Method?

Also, I discovered some sinus spray this weekend that is supposed to relieve the pain -- called Sinol. Holy Schnikes! http://www.sinolusa.com/

It's like blowing pepper juice into your sinus cavities and it is so insane you forget about any pain you WERE having.

CGM

MoSup said...

Best boxed wine reference EVER!!!

Jenn from WA said...

Ooo I like the dining room. I'm going to make it to NJ some day to share a box of wine with you on the lanai!

Bellerina said...

Like the total perv that I am, I'm wondering who was privy enough to the duvet to dub it "scandalous" or to cause it to be "scandalous"...

You know...
Whatever...
I'm just sayin'...

Lesley said...

carey - Yup, that's the Method foaming hand soap. Good stuff. And very blue! Have you used the Sinol? I don't like nose sprays all that much, but I might try it if it gets the CGM seal of approval.

mosup - Thank you very much for appreciating my boxed wine reference!!! Not everyone understands my sense of humor, you know. Or my boxed wine references.

jenn - You would be most welcome! I'd even let you use a wine glass and not a juice glass!

belle - Oh you bad girl! Actually, it was one of my Facebook friends who saw my photos on there and dubbed it "scandalous." As for who made it scandalous... well... wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more...

Lisa said...

I just love the splashes of red they've added around your place! So snazzy!!

Now when are you going to expand on the "us" part of your life? :P

Freak Magnet said...

Scandalous duvet. So that's were the magic happens, eh?