Saturday, April 05, 2008

extreme makeover: blog edition

What do you think? Love/hate the new template? Any smashing banner ideas? Because honestly, I got nothin! It could be though that I'm having commitment issues with the idea of committing to another banner. Maybe I should change it on a more regular basis.

Earlier today I was going through some of the way-too-much paperwork I've acquired recently, including the paperwork for my phone service. I went with a Certain VoIP Service since it's much cheaper than a landline. I knew that this gave me unlimited calling in the US, but what I didn't realize is that there are other countries I can call for free, too! It seems that I can give my peeps in Canada, the UK, Ireland, and Italy a shout for free too. Crazy!!! I was quite excited with this news until I realized that I don't have anyone to call in any of those countries. Wah! I may just start calling random numbers and making new friends.

I ate dinner tonight at a fabulous new restaurant. It was OMG SO GOOD. And I had good company too. And now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to the aforementioned good company. Good night!

9 comments:

MeHereNow said...

I love the new look - thought I was in the wrong place to start with!!

One point though the minimalistic look is right up my street but it doesn't "go" with you (only my opinion!) you have more depth than that. Or is this a whole lifestyle kinda thing? minimalizing everything? Just a thought!

You could phone me - as long as you don't have a problem talking to someone for the first time coz I'd get brain freeze!!

Lisa said...

I like it! Which template is this?

Lesley said...

meherenow - Thanks. I'm working on a banner, and I think that will give it some more punch. I have a photo in mind that I think would be very fun and I hope it will be up by tomorrow.

lisa - Thank you! It's called Washed Denim or something like that. I hadn't previewed it before, but I really like it.

MoSup said...

I think it looks a little bare. You could call my friend Laura in England! She's a hoot!

Snooze said...

I like the streamlined template. Very nice!

Jenn from WA said...

Wow. Nice new look. Me likey! Do tell about the company though!

Anonymous said...

I think you should use that picture you used for your six word memoir thing-where you look like you're about to be blown away on the beach, b/c you looked happy. I agree that it's a little minimalist!

yeah for this blog though, I enjoy reading it.

Lesley said...

mosup - Is it better with the banner now? And I'd love to call Laura! :)

snooze - Thanks. I like it too. I think it lets the content speak for itself.

jenn - Hee! Tell? Um, tell what?

anonymous - Thank you, o mysterious one! I like that beach photo too. I want to get the black and white copy of it and perhaps use that for a banner. Good idea!

MoSup said...

Yes, so much better with the banner!