Monday, April 07, 2008

good morning, good morning, it's great to stay up late...

So remember those two (2) sleep studies I had? Well, the end result is that I was given a Magic Sleep Machine and I've been using it for almost a week now. I am more than just a little pleasantly surprised at how well I've taken to this machine, and also that I'm noticing that it's helping me right away. I've been sleeping fewer hours, but waking up feeling much more rested and alert. Today I got up before 6:00 (I know. I don't understand it either.) and I did some yoga, put in a load of laundry, made myself some French-pressed coffee and steel-cut oats (OMG SO GOOD!), and got to work early. Once I got to work I actually felt like hugging people. It was enough to make me worry that I'm going to turn into a morning person or worse, a Way Too Happy Girl. But don't worry, my babies. I'll still bring the snark. I'm not about to rename this blog Patron Saint of Way Too Happy Girls or anything. Smart Mouths forever!

I was going to post a photo of the cute new haircut I told you about, but then I decided I'll wait until Wednesday. For one thing, my camera is charging as we speak. And also, on Wednesday I'm going to get some foils so then my hair will be looking extra special cute and sexy mama-ish.

I haven't met all of my new neighbors, but I have met some. I have noticed that there is one neighbor who leaves their car idling every single morning for a good half hour before they leave. Presumably this is to "warm up" the car, but this is New Jersey not Alaska, and we have no need for such things. I mean, this morning it was 45 degrees, but that is not by any means cold. I didn't even have to warm up my car's glowplugs for that! This morning I strongly considered leaving them a note saying "You don't need to warm up your car, jackass!" but I didn't want to take the chance that they'd see me leave the note and then there'd be a big confrontation, like on MTV's Real World when they'd get all "You have something to tell me, you say it to my face!" Because I may talk a big game, but I couldn't handle that. And why would I say it to the person's face anyway? It's much better to talk behind their back. It's called MANNERS, people. So, in lieu of the anonymous note left on the car, I've decided that when Al Gore comes to visit me and drink fair-trade coffee at my house this particular neighbor is SO NOT invited. That's what you get for the unnecessary idling!

Tonight's dinner was the next-to-last installment of that kickass Giambotta that I made. I'm almost sad that I only have one more container of it left. I may have to make another pot of it. Oh and I should probably post the recipe too. Maybe I'll start making Wednesdays recipe day or something. I used a cloth napkin with dinner, as I decided earlier today that I'm going to switch to cloth napkins in an effort to waste less paper. And to impress Al Gore when he comes over, natch. My dinner felt all fancy because of the cloth napkin. Like I had taken myself out on a date to a fancy restaurant or something. Everyone can use a little fancy from time to time, you know.

4 comments:

Dino aka Katy said...

i heard from a few people that they love their sleep machine. hey when are you posting pics of the new place?

Freak Magnet said...

New place, new haircut, new foils... methinks you're on to something. Or someone.

Snooze said...

I have a sleep clinic appt next month. I was dreading it so reading that you are happy with your machine gives me some comfort.

A pox on your idling neighbour!

Jenn from WA said...

I'm still marveling that the "Wedenday" only cooking idea. How does one do that? Just cook on one day. I don't even have a family and I cook every day. Though I'm not so good at leftovers.