Wednesday, April 16, 2008

meaning(less?) melange

I'm having some allergy-related sinus issues and it's sapping my blogging mojo. But a commitment to Blog365 is a commitment, so I must blog. And so, I'll just make a list. Again. You don't have to read it. It's not like I've got a gun to your head or anything. Although I am giving you an icy stare. You can feel it now, can't you? Yeah, that's right. You'd better watch your step!

1. I made myself a big mug of the Tazo Refresh tea to help my sinus situation. This tea rocks in the free world. I've had two sips and I feel better already, I think. Magic!

2. I went out for sushi tonight with my friend G. We tried a new roll that was like a crab stick roll on the inside with a spicy tuna roll on the outside. OMG SO GOOD.

3. I am starting to get junk mail addressed to me at my new house. I don't know why, but this actually makes me kinda happy. It still ended up unread in the recycling bin, but hey, it had my name on it.

4. The first housewarming gift I received was one of those candle lighter things. Then I received a nice bottle of wine. And now just this week some very lovely candlesticks. So, I ask you housewarming gift-givers, are you trying to help me create a romantic atmosphere here at Chez Lesleygirl? Is there a conspiracy that you're all in on and I don't know about? Hmmmmm?

5. I'm a little tired of all the press coverage on the pope's visit. That's all I have to say about that.

6. I didn't realize this at the time, but when I moved I crossed the invisible line between North Jersey and South Jersey. I am apparently now in South Jersey and thus all my TV stations come from Philadelphia. So naturally there is now a steady diet of campaign commercials, in preparation for the Pennsylvania primary next week. I think I'm going to miss some of those commercials when they're gone. But only some. Not the negative ones. And I am very, VERY disappointed in the Certain Candidate who is running all the negative commercials. Enough already.

7. I am just saying, but if someone wanted to go with me to Philly this weekend, that might be okay, you know. Or maybe to Manyunk. Or both. Ya know, whatever. I'd be okay with that. Just saying.

5 comments:

Snooze said...

Manyunk? Where is that?

Lesley said...

It's a town just outside Philly. Very cute and colonial, yet not tacky. They have a really good brewpub there where I totally would not mind going to...

Jenn from WA said...

You and the Pope, me and the Dale Lama. You'd think no spiritual figure ever came to Seattle the way they covered him.

Freak Magnet said...

You're trying to get all romantical for me, aren't you? Aren't you, you naughty girl.

Carey said...

at least your hair looks good...