Sunday, April 06, 2008

soylent green is people!!!

That right there is my salute to the late Charlton Heston. I didn't think too much of his politics and especially of his gun-toting NRA rhetoric, but how can anyone resist "Soylent Green is people! It's pee-pullllll!"? I certainly can't.

For those of you who haven't voiced your opinion yet, how do you like the new template? I am thinking that I'll rotate the banner on a much more timely basis, although I do like this photo quite a bit. That's me outside the New York Public Library. I wish it were a more recent photo, like maybe one taken today or yesterday, since I went yesterday morning and got myself a sexy new haircut and I look way cuter than I looked in that photo.

The haircut itself was quite an experience. My usual haircut girl broke her foot so I had to go to someone I had never met before named Svetlana. I kid you not. She's from the Ukraine and was just hilarious to talk to. She was all "Kristin (girl who foils my hair) tell me you cancel wedding. You need sexy new haircut!" I said that sounded good to me, figuring that even if I hate it, it's only hair and it'll grow back. While she cut my hair, she kept making comments like "you'll be sexy mama!" and "Sexy hair! Like Victoria Beckham!" to which I responded "people get us confused all the time!" I told her that I had dinner plans for last night and she sent me home with not one but TWO shower caps because "you must shower before the dinner, yes?", some makeup samples, some shower gel samples, and some shampoo samples (with strict instructions to not use them until today), all Aveda, natch. It really is a cute haircut. Oh wait, not cute, SEXY. Roar!

I had my iPod on random today while cleaning Chez Lesleygirl and this song came on. I love this song. And I heart Fountains of Wayne. I love how this song tells a little story.



When it's late, and it's hot
And an hour in the shower is the best that you've got
Don't give out, don't give up
One of these nights you might find someone to love

And you're not the only one who's lonely...

5 comments:

MoSup said...

You should post a picture of your sexy Svetlana cut!

Thank you for the song lyrics. I know I appreciated them.

MoSup said...

Okay, I just went back and watched the video, and I am SO jealous of the girl's super pink apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn said...

Totally need to see the new cut.

And the new layout is cute (For lack of a better word)!

Snooze said...

I love the sound of your hairdresser. Too funny! There is nothing better than a great hair cut. That pic is great though, even if it was pre new haircut.

Jenn from WA said...

Photo of Sexy Hair please!

BTW - you are my musical mamma. That sounds bad I know, but you have introduced me recently to some kick ass music. I hate everything I've been listening too and am always searching for new songs. So if you got any other favorits, send them my way. Now if you'll excuse me I must go download Fountains of Wayne.