Friday, September 12, 2008

friday on my mind

Today was a good day. I'll tell you why.

1. I slept better last night. I managed to sleep from about 12:30 until 7:00, all in a row. This is progress. I had set my alarm for 9:15, since I didn't have to go into the office this morning, but my body was wide awake at 7:00, and you just can't argue with that.

2. I had an excellent appointment with my surgeon. I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats waiting to hear about this. Well, as of this morning I have lost... drumroll please... 37 pounds! I am crazy proud of myself. Dr. P gave me two hugs and told me she is very happy for me and that I could be the poster girl for weight-loss surgery. Awwww! She also told me that I need to up my protein consumption and also start working out with the weight machines at the gym again. I've also been cleared to resume all of my normal activities. Whatever that means...

3. Today marked the last day of my first week back to work. I survived. I actually managed to get quite a bit done today. I had to learn to use a new tool to manage the website that I master, and so earlier in the week I really just kinda noodled around and pretended like I was learning it, when really, I hadn't even tried it yet. Yesterday I finally buckled down and learned the damn thing, and then today I used it to get the aforementioned quite a bit done. I had quite a burst of energy too, until around 4:30 when the urge to put my head down on my desk and sleep compelled me to go home.

4. And now the weekend has started so I can rest. And resume my normal activities.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lesley, Congratulations--you rock! I am so very happy for you. Love, Bifferina

Anonymous said...

Normal activities?

Like Knitting perhaps?
How about your Starbucks normal activity - when will you be cleared for that?
But of course, no doctor could ever make you stop bringing the Snark.

Congrats, that is wonderful (I am sure that is going to drive someone crazy and they will have to go see Dr. House)

Lesley said...

bifferina - Thank you!!!

mysterious one - No Starbucks until I'm six weeks out. I could have decaf, but please! Why would I bother?!! Did you know that House takes place in Princeton? Interesting...

MeHereNow said...

Wow lady! Well done!

Jenn said...

Congratulations - that is fantastic!

And you? Look fabulous.:)

Freak Magnet said...

Resume your normal activities. That sounds fun. and OMG, that's so awesome about the 37 pounds!!! I'm doing the Snoopy Dance for you!!

Snooze said...

congrats on the weight loss!

MoSup said...

That is wonderful!!!