Saturday, September 20, 2008

how soon is now?

I've been listening to the Smiths too much lately. I think it's starting to affect my mood. I mean, there's only so many times a person can hear Morrissey belting out "I am human and I need to be loved!"

Tomorrow I'm going to buy some yarn so I can start knitting this sweater. It's based on a baby sweater pattern which I've knit before, and that I liked quite a bit, but it's been modified for a "grown-ass woman." Which I most certainly am. I like that it's kind of swingy in design, so I can knit it in a smaller size and not worry too much about it not fitting. So expect to hear more about the February Lady Sweater. I honestly haven't been feeling too jazzed about my knitting of late. As you know, I've had some other things to attend to lately, plus summer isn't the best time for knitting anyway, what with all the hot and all. I also have another sweater that is done (yay!) I just need to sew the sleeves onto the body. I'll show that off when it's done-done.

I'm feeling a little peeved that SNL is being hosted tonight by someone I have never heard of, and is also featuring a band that I've never heard of. This is the first time I've ever been 0 for 2 in that regard. No, it's not making me feel old. Not in the slightest. Why do you ask?

In other news, I am very excited because I ate a scrambled egg today! See, lots of people had warned me that eggs would be very tough on my newly-rerouted innards, because they're too dry or too tough or something. Well, apparently these people haven't eaten my scrambled eggs, and don't realize that I learned from a chef how to properly prepare them. The secret is you have to add water for maximum fluffiness and moisture, and cook it at a low heat. So far, I have to say that I am quite pleased with my ability to tolerate food. I've been very careful with my choices though, and I always make sure to chew very thoroughly and to eat very slowly. It takes about a half hour to eat my little half cup French Portions, and afterwards I feel like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner. Crazy.

Next week it will be ONE WHOLE MONTH since my surgery, so right now I'm feeling all sorts of philosophical about it. It's hard for me to believe that just four weeks ago tonight I had already eaten my last meal and was in the midst of the necessary preparation. And now I feel very good (other than just a little tiredness here and there) and I've made some excellent progress already. This is most definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made.

See, I told you I was feeling philosophical. Cogito ergo sum!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who the musical guest is either, but James Franco I do know.

He was an amazing James Dean, but the little ones will of course remember him for being in the spiderman movies.

Lesley said...

Oh, was he what's-his-name? Willem Defoe's son? Ohhhhhhhh... that's where I've seen him before!

I guess I'm not 0 for 2. I feel less old.

Freak Magnet said...

ZOMG!!! How can you not know James Franco??!?!?! He's ONLY my future HUSBAND. Oh well - you can meet him at the wedding.

MoSup said...

I am stunned it has already been a month since your surgery. It doesn't seem that long at all. I am so happy for you that you're doing well -- I pray for that every day!

Anonymous said...

I am sure Dex and James will get along famously.

Jenn said...

A month already - that went by so fast! Glad you're doing well -- and yes, you look fabulous!