Wednesday, September 24, 2008

i'm not gonna write you a love song, 'cause you asked for it, 'cause you need one, you see...

Well, I was going to show you the yarn and the kickass interchangeable needle set I got today and the beginnings of my new sweater (which shall be known as the FLS) but Blogspot is being all evil about uploading my photos. Wah!

Tomorrow, 9/25 will be my one month surgiversary. If you can believe that. Which I hardly can. I feel as though it warrants some commemoration on my part because everyone, and I mean everyone, told me that the first month would be absolute hell. And I have to say that it really hasn't been so bad. Since leaving the hospital I've had no pain, very little nausea, and I've been able to tolerate the food I can eat very well. No throwing up and none of the dreaded dumping syndrome either. I do notice that I've felt quite tired as I've been recovering, but if it weren't for that tiredness I probably wouldn't feel like I'd had surgery at all.

In other news, I'm sure you've all been enjoying Dancing With The Stars as much as I have. How cool is Cloris Leachman? OMG I love her! With all the cleavage and the cursing and being inappropriate -- she is totally the kind of old lady I want to be! Although I do love Cloris, I'm picking Lance and Lacey for the win. I mean, Lance was in a boy band, after all. I hope that Cloris stays around for a few weeks, and I hope Misty does the same. Because more Misty = more Maks! Ooh la la!

Well, that's all I got, people. Except to tell you that lunch today was two turkey meatballs (from Trader Joe's -- Love you, Trader Joe's!) with marinara, and dinner was seared scallops provencale. Lunch was good, Dinner was fabulously delicious. And now if you'll excuse me I need to have a little more protein before bed. And I need to rest up so I can properly commemorate my first month out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was worried for a second. I thought your new sweater was going to be known as the flDs.

Can't have that kinda stuff going on with sweaters now.

Lesley said...

Are sweaters not allowed to have sister-wives? Or big swooped up hairdos, prairie garb, and overgrown eyebrows? Unfair!

Perhaps I will name this sweater Margene...

Freak Magnet said...

Does dumping syndrome stand for what I think it does?

Lesley said...

Actually, no. I don't know why it has that name because that's totally what I thought of too. Basically, it's if I were to eat something too high in sugar it would get "dumped" into my large intestine too quickly and it causes the body some weird flu-like distress. The symptoms are chills, extreme tiredness, and just generally feeling terrible, and most people just need to sleep it off until it passes. It's actually one of the benefits of this surgery -- if you know that this will happen, you won't eat sugary foods -- and I am perfectly okay with that. I would have had to give up all sugar anyway, with or without the surgery.