Saturday, September 13, 2008

it's oh so quiet, it's oh so still...

I feel like I've resumed most of my normal activities. As long as those "normal activities" do not include "cleaning my apartment". I was up early so I went to Whole Foods. I figured they would have some good-tasting broth to get me through today and tomorrow (they did) and I could also pick up some things to cook next week when I can eat normal food again. You see, I'll only be able to eat about a half cup of food at a time, so I plan to make that half cup count. I think I'm a pretty good cook, so I figure if I can be creative, then I'll be able to have some tasty yet tiny meals. LesleyMom told me the tiny portions will be "French portions" which I guess makes them a little fancier. I plan on using that term a lot. Like if people who don't know I've had my innards rerouted want to know why I'm not eating too much, I'll just say "I only eat French portions".

Today I also managed to go to the gym, go downtown and do some shopping, take a nap, and watch a movie. Oh and I wrote a blog too. All normal activities. And now you must excuse me so I can get back to my normal activities. Good night.

3 comments:

MeHereNow said...

I wish I had the will and strength of character to do French portions!
You're doing so well.

Lesley said...

I don't think it's will or strength of character in my case, I think it's this tiny stomach the surgeon gave me! Right now if I drink any more than 8 oz. I feel absolutely stuffed, so it will be interesting to see how I feel eating a half cup of food. I plan to eat very very slowly.

Freak Magnet said...

OMG!! The transformation through the eyes of someone who doesn't know about the re-routing is going to be AWESOME!!! Especially that witch that comments about everyone's food.