Monday, September 08, 2008

maybe i don't really wanna know how your garden grows, 'cause i just wanna fly...

Major kudos to you if you recognize that line. Especially if you recognize it without me telling you it's from Oasis. They were in the news today and hearing about them and then hearing their new song transported me back to 1994 when I was in college and saw them play at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. See, there's other years whose music I am nostalgic for. Although 1983 is still numero uno in my book. But don't tell Oasis. I don't want those two getting mad at me.

Today was the big back-to-work day. I went in for half the day, then came home, took a nap, then worked from home in the afternoon. I'm pretty tired though, so once again I'm going to go to bed around 9:00 pm. I was a little concerned when I went into work about some possible fallout from the strongly-worded email I had sent regarding our piss-poor short-term disability policy. I wasn't worried that I would get in trouble, mind you, I was more worried about the president of the dot-org wanting to sit down and have a Come To Jesus with me. To his credit, he emailed me back. Although I feel quite sure that the Come To Jesus meetin' will be inevitable next time he's in my office. Note to self: find an invisibility cloak.

I have more to say but I'm too tired. Good night.

1 comment:

Jenn from Wa said...

I'd love to say welcome back to reality, but work's just no fun.

Glad you're feeling so good though!