Monday, September 15, 2008

mush!

Today I am three (3) weeks out from surgery! So I have to take a moment and yell "YAY ME!" and do a little cheer for myself. I can't even tell you how happy I am about how good I feel, and my progress so far.

The other exciting news du jour is that today's the day I could start eating normal, albeit pureed, food once again. People, I have never been so excited to eat mush in my life. Oh wait... perhaps I was excited to eat mush when I was a wee baby, but I don't really remember those days. Lunch was ricotta with a little bit of marinara and some mozzarella melted on top. Sort of a noodleless baked ziti. Tasty. Dinner was poached salmon with mango salsa and a little bit of spinach. Yay for mush!

I had a yucky day at work. I slept better last night (another yay!) so I was feeling all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when I went in, but after about a half hour, I had some total high-maintenance crabbyass complaining to me about "(my) atrocious Portuguese." I do not speak Portuguese. Yes, I publish my website in Portuguese, but that happens because I send the English to the very nice translation firm people, and they send me translations. I tried to take the High Road (which according to MoSup is named after me) and I was saying things like "I hear that you are frustrated, now help me to understand..." but that then devolved into me repeating over and over "I. don't. speak. Portuguese. I. don't. write. the. translations." It was not a pleasant start to the day. So for future reference, people, if you'd like to call me at 9:30 on a Monday morning, go right ahead. But no complaining. Especially not about translations that I did not write, unless you would like a smackdown.

Good night.

3 comments:

Freak Magnet said...

Woman!! You speak Portuguese?!!?! How awesome is that!??!?!?





:p

Lesley said...

Haha. Actually, I can say a few things in Portuguese, but nothing too impressive. If I actually could speak it, I'd be in Brazil, picking up some hot mens.

Jared said...

With the new job that requires I get other people to do what I want without them thinking they are doing exactly what I want all the time, I have started using the conversation hacks from that post.

Some of the tips seem a bit unethical and I feel really bad about doing some of these, sometimes I feel so evil I think to myself "I wonder if this is what it feels like to be a republican?", but they help get the job done.