Friday, September 05, 2008

oh snap!!!

Take that, scary lady with your annoying-as-hell accent! Ha ha on you!!!

I thought that watching the Republican convention would be totally detrimental to my healing process this week, so I've been getting the majority of my coverage from the Daily Show, with some New York Times and Nightly News with Brian Williams on the side. Anyway, I am particularly troubled by all the talk of "small town values." I do not understand this supposed concept. To me it sounds like a euphemism for "provincial" and "xenophobic" and "homophobic" and a whole bunch of other -phobics. Once again, I'm not buying the idea of "1950s values" as they're also called. No point being nostalgic for a time that never actually existed, except on TV. Although if you are nostalgic for the 1950s TV, then just watch TV Land and leave it at that.

Ahem.

See, this is why it's for the best that I didn't watch much of the convention. This way you've only had to listen to a short diatribe from me, rather than a nightly rant. Plus, as I told you yesterday, I have a wee fever so my opinions may not be as cogent as they normally are.

In other news, I'm feeling better, yes I am. My fever is 99-ish so I'm not too worried. I'm still upset about going back to work on Monday, and am currently debating with myself if it would be worth it to use my vacation time for more time off, or should I go in and tough it out, at least for half a day. I figure if I can get through half a day, no one will argue with me about working from home in the afternoon. And by that I mean "working" from home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean you aren't voting for the Cylon Ticket?

Lesley said...

You have out-nerded yourself this time, sir!

Jenn from WA said...

Of the one small town I'm familar with (where the parentalunits spend the summer) there is constant gossip of who's daughter slept with who's dad, and who's son is now a crack head and who's wife is cheating, etc...small town values my ass.