Tuesday, September 16, 2008

suddenly seymour

I'm tired again. So, due to the tired, how about a list? Yay!

1. Some people who have had the surgery I've had decide to name their new stomach pouch. It sounds weird, but it makes sense, as some days this thing has got a mind of its own. I decided to name mine Seymour. Why Seymour? Well, when I first started researching the surgery, and I heard this talk of pouches and full liquids and purees, for some reason it made me think of that giant evil plant in Little Shop of Horrors who keeps yelling "FEED ME, SEYMOUR!" Now, I know the plant's name was Audrey II, but I decided that Seymour seems like an appropriate name. And when I'm all alone and I hear my pouch rumbling, I like to yell "FEED ME, SEYMOUR!"

2. So far I have eaten pureed salmon for two meals and pureed filet mignon for one. Both have sat very well with me. I am quite proud of this. And I have a lot of warm feelings for my little Cuisinart Mini Processor, for making this possible.

3. Whoever decided to run Family Guy on TBS multiple nights is kind of a genius.

4. I believe I have reached my limit on unsolicited advice. Seriously. If one more person offers me unsolicited advice, I think my head might explode.

5. I had a funny conversation with one of my coworkers today. He asked me how I was feeling and if I was glad to be back at work. I said I felt good, and that I might as well be back at work since there's only so much daytime TV a person can watch, plus I had watched all of the free OnDemand movies I actually wanted to see. He asked me what OnDemand was, and then said "I don't own a TV." Don't own a TV? That's crazy talk.

Five is enough for this list. Good night, people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't own a tv either.

BTW Trueblood is ok, much better than Fringe, and I have hopes for the new season of SCC.

Of course I am looking forward very much to new Dex, BL, Dr. Who, BSG and torchwood.

I swear I don't have a tv though.

Freak Magnet said...

I called to cancel my cable once and the person had a fit. I said, "I pay $50 a month and I don't watch it." She offered to knock down the price to $30, and I said, "I'd still be wasting $30 because I don't watch it." She got all KINDS of bent out of shape because I didn't watch TV. Now, of course, I watch tons of stuff. But usually only on Sundays and Mondays.

Snooze said...

Mashed potatoes were my salvation after jaw surgery. You're doing so well though. That's great!