Thursday, September 11, 2008

turning in my sleep, love can leave you cold...

My browser is telling me that I've used that title before. Oh well. My blog, my rules. And I do love the Crowded House, natch. Because something so strong really could carry us away.

I have sleep on my mind because my sleep has been crappy the past few nights. I can fall asleep with no problem, but then I keep waking up during the night and I can't get back to sleep. Last night I was up from about 12:30 until 3:00-ish, when I was able to get some benadryl-induced sleep until 7:30. It's annoying because I'm actually very tired, I just can't sleep. I've been told that this is "normal" for those with the recently-rerouted innards, but it's frustrating nonetheless. Actually, hearing that stuff I consider weird is "normal" is pretty frustrating too. I'd much rather hear "Yes, that happens sometimes. And yes, it totally sucks." Is that so hard?

In other news, I have my follow-up with my surgeon tomorrow, and I am quite excited for that. I'll report back about that, of course. Also, I am very excited because I only have three (3) more days of the full liquids because as of Monday I can move on to pureed food. Maybe purees aren't the most exciting thing in the world, but believe me, after three weeks of liquids, it's sounding pretty damn exotic. I'm looking forward to being able to eat things that make me feel more normal. The good kind of normal. Not the previously-mentioned, annoying variety of "normal".

In closing, to those of you having election anxiety, here's a special message from the future President:
Obama Pictures and McCain Pictures
see Sarah Palin pictures

YES WE CAN!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

That is my new background.

I hope he's right.

Freak Magnet said...

I prefer "it's a side effect". Every time I have a health issue, it's a side effect of something else.

Snooze said...

Has it been three weeks already? Wow. Hope you get some full sleeps soon

Lesley said...

jenn - Just make sure you get that Pennsylvania vote out, Miss Lady!!!

freak - Ooh, I haven't heard that one yet. Do they then give you new meds for the side effect? And then another one for that side effect? How annoying!

snooze - Thanks. And yes, it'll be three whole weeks on Monday. Yay for me!

Stewie said...

That pic is AWESOME.