Friday, December 12, 2008

despite all my rage, i am still just a rat in a cage...

I'm in a 90s music sort of mood today, which should not surprise you if we are Facebook friends. I had the Cure's "Friday, I'm in Love" in my head ALL DAY. Probably because it's Friday and all.

After work today I bought some new shoes (yay!) and then I went to buy a Christmas tree. I can't get a real tree because I'm allergic and all, so artificial it is. I went to a certain discount store that has a big K on the front of it because I was assured by several sources that they had lovely yet reasonably-priced trees. Even pre-lit ones for the lazy folk. So I went. And it was an experience. Now, I don't know why it should shock me that there were so many trashy people at the Store With The K, but it still did. SCARY! I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon, not now that I know it's where all the trashy folk hang out. Unless they have something I really really need. And it's really really cheap. But only then.

I've had several hilarious conversations today, some over IM, some over phone, and some in person. So it's basically been a mixed-media sort of day. The funniest by far was an extremely graphic conversation over IM in which we discussed things like suffocation and potential obscurement. Funny funny stuff. And really, is any day complete without a graphic discussion over IM? Of course not.

I haven't decided if I'm going to put Christmas lights in my front windows or not. Perhaps candles would be better. Unless one of you wants to come over and hang up my lights for me. I'm only 5'2" and my height puts me at a disadvantage for some things.

I have the big plans for tomorrow so I'd better get going. Happy weekend, people.

2 comments:

MoSup said...

Her graphic conversation is even more hilarious when you realize who it was with...

Lesley said...

I could not agree more!!!!