Tuesday, December 30, 2008

open for suggestions...

I needed a blog idea tonight. I'll admit it, I have the bronchitis as it turns out, and all the coughing is sucking my inspiration. Or something like that. So I asked my Facebook friends for an idea, and got one from a certain smartypants in Iowa. What's the idea? LAUNDRY!!! You see, there's a rather infamous laundry blogger out there, people, and even though I don't know if I could ever make my blog as painfully boring and unintentionally entertaining as the laundry blogger's, I can at least try!


That is my washing machine. It makes the clothes clean. My dryer is right on top of it. It makes the clothes dry. They are both in my bathroom, next to the tub. I have to say that they were a huge selling point when I was deciding where to rent an apartment. When I saw that this place had both a washer/dryer AND a dishwasher, well, I was sold!

On top of my washing machine you'll see a Downy ball and a pack of Intuition razor refills. The Downy ball is for fabric softener (even though I don't use Downy, shhhhh...). And the Intuition razors are so that I won't be a gorilla girl. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Moving on...

And these are my laundry products of choice. Ecover detergent and the 20 Mule Team Borax. I think I'm going to give up on the Ecover when this bottle is finished and switch to using either Dropps or the Tide Free & Clear. I'm sure some of you are monogamists when it comes to your detergents of choice, but I am apparently poly. Basically, I use whatever actually gets the clothes clean and doesn't make me break out in hives or get a headache from the scent.

Here endeth the laundry blog. I hope it lived up to your expectations. And I also hope that as I stop coughing and get more sleep, my inspiration will return.

6 comments:

Bellerina said...

Nope.

The grammar and punctuation are too good. Nice try, though. If you wanted to go off on a clinically psychotic tangent of self-denial, then maybe you'd have a chance.

Happy New Year, darling!

Freak Magnet said...

Your unit looks like mine. Only 20 years newer. And it was a big selling point for me, too.

Do you loads get off balance if you sneeze near it? Mine does, and I was just curious if it's me or the washer.

Lesley said...

bellerina - Yeah, I just don't have it in me to use all the bad grammar and the requisite metric fuckton of exclamation points!!!!! I tried, though. *sniff* I really did!

freak - I've never had a load get off balance, so maybe they've made some improvements in the last 20 years. It's not like I'm a washer-loading whiz. Usually I just throw in the clothes and when it's full, I run it. Magic!

Leslie said...

your laundry area is SO clean :( Mine has lint, a couple of unused applicators, waste basket... Of course it's in the basement so nobody sees it but me. I'm impressed.

MoSup said...

All the laundry blog chatter on facebook led me over here this afternoon. As usual, you did not disappoint. I appreciated the visuals and hope the other laundry blogger follows suit.

Today I washed darks and towels!!!!

Anonymous said...

It would be awesome if the other laundry blogger would follow suit with the visuals! I would love to see pics of the famous laundry room where all the action takes place.