Friday, December 26, 2008

two turtle doves

I didn't have any turtle doves for today, the second day o' Christmas. But I did have two Cornish hens, and they roasted up quite nicely with some lemons and herbs. Yummies! And probably a lot tastier than the turtle doves.

Yesterday, Christmas, marked FOUR WHOLE MONTHS since my surgery! Can you believe that, people? So today I've been having my own little happy celebration. As each month passes, it reminds me of how fortunate I am to have my good health. I feel better than I have in years, people. And... to make this occasion even more joyous, well, I may have mentioned that I had a special big Four Month Goal that I was hoping to hit, and well, I NAILED IT! In fact, this morning the scale said I was even 2 lbs beyond the originally-hoped-for goal. Best. Christmas gift. EVER. Of course, I'm waiting until I weigh myself tomorrow at the gym for it to be official, but I think I can celebrate now anyway. The gym scale usually tells me I'm less than my home scale does anyway.

I had a bunch of things I was going to do today, like clean my house and take out the recycling. But then I realized that I didn't feel like it, so instead I watched movies, did a lot of knitting, and some reading. That's what Boxing Day is all about, right? Tomorrow I have a Christmas 2.0 family party to attend and some other busy-ness the rest of the weekend, so the cleaning and recycling will have to wait. Good thing I have next week off.

Time for more tea. Sinuses are better but I'm still drinking mass quantities of the herb tea to help chase away the bad sinus juju. Good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!! And this is only the beginning! xoxox

Snooze said...

Congrats on reaching your goal weight.

Jenn said...

Congratulations!

Dino aka Katy said...

that's awesome glad to hear you are doing so well