Monday, June 22, 2009

i will run for shelter, endless summer lift the curse...

I have to tell you something, people. I am truly blown away by the amount of love that has been sent my way because of this blog the past few days. You know who you are. And you rock.

Several people have asked me if I'm really serious about the triathlon. Why yes, yes I am. I realize that in order for me to be successful with my weight loss long-term**, I will need to keep exercising like a fiend. And I think the best way to ensure that will happen will be to constantly have a new set of goals to work toward. Triathlon, roller derby, I want to do it all! And why shouldn't I? I am also excited to report that already two of you have said you'd like to join me for the tri. Yay!!! If there's a few of us, maybe some of you could do a relay -- meaning you would do one or two of the sports, but not all three. We can come up with a fun team name and get shirts! OMG FUN!!!

** See, it is a very high priority for me to be successful long-term. I endured enough of the "I know someone who had that surgery, and they gained it all back (and you will too)" stories that I am not letting that happen to me. Good health, I wants it!

I have other things to say but the ADD is having its way with me and I can't organize my thoughts. Instead I'll tell you what I had for lunch, because you know I love to buck the conventional blog wisdom that no one cares what you had for lunch. Lunch was leftover chicken and vegetables from the Chinese restaurant I went to on Saturday. No rice, natch. Dinner was a chicken thigh. Because chicken thighs KICK ASS. I had it simmered in diced tomatoes with Italian herbs. I may need to come up with a few more varieites of chicken thighs, but right now this is my fave.

1 comment:

Not as bad a Freak Magnet as Norman said...

Say wha?!?! Triathlon?!?!? OMG!!! Holy crap!!! How did I miss that?

I am in awe of you right now, because I know you are going to kick ass at it.