Thursday, June 18, 2009

i'm only happy when it rains...

Yes, it has been raining for, oh I don't know, two weeks or something now. I really don't mind it, actually. You see, I consider myself to be serotonin-deficient on a good day, so all this overcast weather seems to be bringing everyone else down to my serotonin-deficient level! Hey, welcome everyone! Also, I am Vitamin D deficient**, so hey, once again, you're welcome!

** I was Vitamin D deficient during my last round of bloodwork. I'll get my next round done on Monday, so please send me some Vitamin D-rich and iron-rich vibes!

The one thing I do mind is all the stupid Noah's Ark jokes everyone seems to be making. The next person who tells me one is going to receive one (1) punch in the face. You see, I sit near the windows at work, and several people felt the need to remark as they walked by "Watching the animals line up two by two?" or something to that effect. People, please. For one thing, I hate smalltalk. With the fire of a thousand suns. And B, I hate unoriginal humor, and I can't think of anything less original.

Oh wait, I just thought of something less original. And it is this: when the sun finally does come out, the same jackasses who made the Noah's Ark jokes (and I use that term lightly) will be saying things like "Did you see that strange glowing orange thing in the sky? What is that?"

Hmmm... this might make me sound crabbypants. Believe me, I am so not.

In other news, I made the best dinner ever tonight. Chicken thighs simmered in diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano, and a generous sprinkle of romano cheese on top. Sort of a lazy woman's chicken cacciatore. For a side dish, I used a vegetable peeler to make zucchini fettuccine. It's pretty much how it sounds -- zucchini sliced thin to resemble fettuccine. Shockingly good though. I'll have to make it again soon because I bought three pounds of the chicken thighs. They were on sale! Next time I make this I'll post the recipe along with some nifty photos. Yay, recipe fun!

3 comments:

MoSup said...

I need to know more about the zucchini fettuccine. How do you cook it? Do you boil it like regular fettuccine?

Lesley said...

I boiled it until it was al dente, drained it, and put it in a bowl with a few sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and more romano. Yum!

Not as bad a Freak Magnet as Norman said...

Can I move in with you so you can feed me? I won't make any obvious comments about the weather.