Wednesday, June 17, 2009

less than crabby

I am definitely less crabby today than I've been the past few days. Not that I'm sure you even noticed I was crabby or would ever think such a thing of me. But still, I am feeling better. Earlier today I had an appointment to start the process for a procedure I need to get done. I won't elaborate for now (you can email me for the details if you're curious) but I am very very excited about this.

Tonight as I was driving home, I heard "Poker Face" on the radio. Of course, I sang along loudly and that's when I realized that I am feeling better. When I'm sad, I never sing along with the radio. And that song? I am starting to think that it's not really about playing cards. But I could be wrong.

I am now done with Day Two of the carb detox. It has gone well, but I did find myself craving salt like a fiend. I think that's because the protein shakes are all sweet, and I miss the savory. Plus I have a big major case of Ketosis Mouth yet again, and salty food always helps that situation. I'm determined to get through one more day of liquids. I didn't give in to the carb monster at all today, so I think this detox effort has paid off already.

I would like to go on the record and say that I'm tired of hearing people refer to gastric bypass as "that crazy surgery." You see, I don't tell everyone about this, and so often I'll hear things like "You're doing this the right way with diet and exercise, and not that crazy surgery." Although I guess I really can't get offended. I didn't have that crazy surgery, you see. I had that really smart and completely sane surgery. Big, BIG difference!

I'm thinking of adding a weekly feature about my pet peeves, since I really do have some strange ones. But maybe not. Sometimes meaningless blog features are a pet peeve of mine. However, Pet Peeve of the Week this week is: people who drive around without a working third brake light, or "Liddy Light" as they're sometimes called. How can a person drive around like this? Do they want to be rear-ended? Elizabeth Dole worked very very hard to make that third brake light standard on all cars, the LEAST you can do is make sure yours is working!

That's all. Good night.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad your Crabby Pants have gone in the wash. Mine were riding up a bit yesterday, actually. Bad Crabby Pants.

Not as bad a Freak Magnet as Norman said...

I don't think I ever thought of it as 'that crazy surgery', but I do know that I think about it as a very hard road and worry if people realize that when they consider it. You, have ACED it and made it look easy peasy. So that helps my thoughts.