Monday, June 01, 2009

risin' up, back on the street, did my time, took my chances...

I am back. As some of you already know, my theme song du jour has been "Eye of the Tiger." This morning, while on the elliptical, I was having a debate with myself, and what (I thought) I really wanted was to either lower the intensity or to stop the machine entirely, and maybe, ya know, do a lazy 2.0 mph walk on the treadmill, or sit in the steam room for a while. At the moment I was about ready to hit that STOP button, "Eye of the Tiger" came on my iPod. Ah, it's almost as though the Patron Saint of iPods heard me in my hour of need! I had no idea how inspiring this song is, but believe me, people, it can keep you going. I mean, I may have listened to it two or three times while imagining an 80's movie-style montage of my life going on during it, but I will neither confirm nor deny such rumors. Moving on...

I have declared June 2009 to be Zero Drama Month. It is recommended that you join me. I realized that May contained way too much drama, mostly of the people-trying-to-put-their-shit-on-me-without-asking-how-I-am-doing variety, and I am tired. of. it. Now, I know, it could be my own fault for not speaking up sooner. Maybe this is something I always just tolerated. Right now I can't even be arsed to care what the reason is, I'm just saying right now: ZERO DRAMA. Any and all violators of my Zero Drama Month will be expelled from the Lesley Theme Park. And ya know how at Six Flags they give you that hand stamp** so you can get back into the park later that same day? Well, guess what? There is no hand stamp at the Lesley Theme Park. Don't say I didn't warn you.

** I am familiar with the hand stamp because when I was a wee girl and we'd go on an outing to Great Adventure*** for the day, my mom would pack a lunch, and we'd get our hands stamped and go out to the car and eat some soggy sandwiches that had just spent four+ hours in a cooler, rather than buying the "total rip-off" Great Adventure food and eating that.

*** Our outings to Great Adventure (we usually went once or twice a year) ended abruptly after there was a fire in the Haunted Castle there and eight teenagers died. Apparently, when their parents showed up at the park to identify them, they were charged admission. This story was picked up by the AP wire, and never forgotten by LesleyMom, who wanted no part of any theme park that could be so heartless.

Ahem. Now where was I?

I bought myself a Wii and a Wii Fit as a reward for the super huge milestone that I achieved. I am loving this thing! I need some recommendations of some just-for-fun Wii games, so I'd be interested to hear any suggestions you may have. I want to get that EA Active game that works with the Wii Fit balance board too. It's good to have options when I just can't make it to the gym.

In other news, which may or may not be related to the Zero Drama Month, I have learned an important lesson recently and it is this: when someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM. I thought I had learned this one, but apparently I was wearing my Bad Idea Jeans for a few weeks and had un-learned it. Tough call.

btw, are any of you going to see Kevin Smith at Carnegie Hall on June the 17th? I want to go, but I don't want to go by myself. Although I suppose if I went by myself I'd have my pick of thousands of single, nerdy, pudgy guys to choose from, now wouldn't I?

I am just saying.

6 comments:

Mr. J said...

I wish I could go see Mr. Smith.
He is going to be more than a little bit aways from me.

I agree, zero drama June. It should be an annual thing. Also it should be more than one month a year - maybe all 12.

I hear you on learning your lesson. Like I always say: fool me 2 to 5 times shame on you, fool me 7 or more times and shame on me.

BTW, how does eye of the tiger motivate you? Going faster on the eliptical machine won't make the song end sooner.

BTW part deux: the ackward family photo at the nudist beach was the best one.

Lesley said...

If June goes well, it will be all 12 months. So far June is 0 for 1, though. The Lesley is not pleased.

Eye of the Tiger is motivating mostly because of the 80s movie montage going on in my head. Plus, I'm just a woman and her will to survive.

I need to blog the awkward family photos. That is HI-larious!

Not as bad a Freak Magnet as Norman said...

I cannot BELIEVE that theme park!! How absolutely HORRID!! I hope the parents sued and got lots and lots of money. Bas-turds.

Mr. J. said...

The sad thing though about theme parks is that this one will never even be opened.

Bellerina said...

I think you should sell your bad idea jeans on craigslist.

Mr. J said...

@Bellerina, I can see the craigslist ad now:

You can get into these jeans cheap......

Ok, maybe that is a bad idea.

My word veri: rivereat
Which makes me wonder, what does a river eat?