Tuesday, June 16, 2009

so what, i'm still a ROCK STAR!

Well, I am a rock star. In my head, at least. You know, where the party never ends.

Sometimes I wonder why I write this blog. I'm not feeling the blogging mojo today. I have things to say but some of them I can't say here, and others I don't really want to talk about just yet.

How about a list? GOOD!

1. I have my car back. I felt a sense of relief as soon as I got back into it. I had fun driving LesleyDad's snazzy Maxima for the day, but I'm a Beetle girl at heart.

2. Day One of the de-carbing process went well. I had four protein shakes throughout the day, and some protein ice cream for dessert. While at work I had two cups of popcorn, but I calculated it and it was less than 10 grams of carbs. I can live with that. I didn't really have any cravings, which was good. It was mostly head-hunger -- that feeling of "I'm not hungry, I just want to eat." Yeah, some days are easy. This was apparently one of them.

3. My Wii Fit age is now down to 29! Good balance skills, I haz 'em! It's not quite as young as the age I believe I could pass myself off as, but still, I'll take it.

4. I had to go earlier to buy more food for Clementine the Wonder Kitty. I had some existential angst while at the pet store. See, I've been feeding her kitten food, since she's a kitten and all, but in exactly one month she'll be a year old and no longer a kitten. So I wasn't sure if I should buy the kitten food or the cat food. I asked one of the worker people about this and her answer was "Umm? I'm more of a dog person?" So I bought the kitten food. Clementine seems to like it and she's not putting on weight, so she can have one last bag of it before I transition her over to the full-grown beast food.

5. Earlier today someone tweeted a comment I made and called it the best quote he'd heard all day. That, right there, pretty much made my day.

Okay, that's five. That's enough for now. You see, now that I'm a Project Manager my whole day has become meetings, meetings, and oh yeah, more meetings. And apparently some people don't know me AT ALL and have scheduled me for a 9:00 AM meeting tomorrow. That means I need to get some good sleepies, and wake up early and brew some high-test coffee.

5 comments:

Mr. J. said...

I've got my rock moves!

Jenn from WA said...

You 9 am meeting is equivalent to most my first meetings here in the NW (6AM) ...I feel like my days' half over by 9am...oh how I'm jealous to start at 9am.

On the cat food, my kitty was a bit weird when I changed his food. So my vet suggested when I'm half way done with the food he's "growing" out of, to mix some of the new stuff in there. It allows their tummy's to get used to the change without it being dramatic...

Not as bad a Freak Magnet as Norman said...

I couldn't picture you in the Maxima. I COULD, but it just looked WRONG.

Stewie said...

Congrats on your car! It's a good feeling.

That person that Tweeted sounds handsome.

Lesley said...

@Mr. J - Glad you caught the reference. Do you sing that while dancing with your bucket of chicken?

@Jenn - Yeah, when I got her she ate Science Diet, and I transitioned her over to Wellness using that method, so I'll be doing that again. I don't need any cat puke in my house!

@Freak - I know! I felt like such a grown-up driving that car!

@Stewie - Oh absolutely. Except he loves Savage Garden.