Sunday, November 15, 2009

almost that time again...

So, while it's been somewhat liberating not obsessing over what the scale says this past month, I am very much looking forward to hopping onto it once again later this week. Hopefully, the God-awful stall will have broken and I will see a lower number. Either that or I'm throwin' the bitch down my front steps.

Earlier today I went to Zumba. (798 calories burned, 1 hour of cardio. Jealous? You should be!) During class I realized that when I see myself in the mirror I usually have a smile on my face. Probably because it makes me OMG SO HAPPY that I can actually do something like a Zumba class. A little over a year ago, that would have been as likely as my walking on the moon, and now, I not only can do the Zumba, but I kick ass at it.

This got me thinking. This whole weight-loss thing really is about more than just numbers for me. I think I knew that before, but maybe I just didn't know that I knew it. It's nice to be able to say how many pounds I've lost, but it's also important to be mindful of other changes that have happened. So I'm making a list of all the fabulousness. If there's anything I've forgotten, be a lamb and tell me in the comments.


Fabulous Things I Now Have In My Life:

- I feel great and have more energy than I've had in years.
- I take fewer meds for fewer health conditions. I'm going to save $1,000 on prescription copays this year alone. That's like three new Coach bags!
- I can do Zumba, Roger's Step class, Power, and just about any other class I want to do. And I kick ass at them.
- I actually have the stamina for one hour of cardio every day. And if I don't get that one hour I miss it.
- A lot more choices in buying clothes. Then again, I also find the array of choices overwhelming. I am missing the shopping chromosome.
- I can walk and walk all day and not feel like I want to collapse and die. I walked all over Universal Orlando on a 95 degree day and still had energy to go out that night on the town.


I'm sure there are more but this is an excellent start. I've really got quite a bit of the fabulous!

4 comments:

Not as bad a Freak Magnet as Norman said...

I love your attitude with that bitch of a scale. I should have it with my boss.

MoSup said...

Here's another! You've learned to make even more healthy, delicious recipes and eat things that make the rest of us soooo jealous!

Dr Monash said...

Great post! Glad to hear of another Zumba fan. My patients tell me it's an incredible workout. Congrats on all of your accomplishments, especially reducing medications. That is incredible.

Kristina said...

Hey!

1. We miss you at knitting
2. Good for you for getting healthier - I am very happy for you.
3. Zumba rocks!
4. I may lack internet posting etiquette, but I make up for it with enthusiasm!