Monday, November 23, 2009

monday melange

A list. Why? Because.

1. I got a letter in the mail from my insurance company today along the lines of "Oh hey, we noticed you just got a prescription for a Certain Medicine, and you may want to know..." It all felt really Big Brother-ish to me. Like 1984 Big Brother, not the reality TV trainwreck. Where will that end? I mean, seriously, what's next? "Oh hey, when you were picking up your prescription for Certain Medicine at the drive-thru CVS, we couldn't help but notice that your car looked a little dirty, and you may want to think about going to the car wash once in a while..."

2. Tonight I went to Zumba at the Hamilton gym, which has way better mirrors than the Princeton gym. I kept catching glimpses of myself out of the corner of my eye and ya know, people, I'm actually starting to look kinda athletic. And I'm getting some tiny shoulders. I'm not such a fan of the tiny shoulders and have considered doing a lot more shoulder presses to build them up. However, LesleyMom assures me that the tiny shoulders look very feminine. It's crazy though, people. Crazy to catch a glimpse of someone in the mirror and think "Who's that?" and then a few seconds later realize "Ohhhhh... that's me!"

3. In sort-of related news, I'm going to take some 15 months progress photos on Thanksgiving. I've decided to just do them every three months now, you see. And while the scale wasn't being so kind for a while there, I have lost a metric fuckton of inches recently.

4. As of today, I not only own a hair straightener but I have also successfully used it. I have been told by multiple sources that as I get thinner, I will have to do more maintenance on myself. Hair, makeup, the whole magilla. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, is that what I signed on for? I thought I was just signing on for the whole "no more diabetes" and "yay, good health" thing.


That's enough list for now. I need to go watch Dexter.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

I heard another friend of mine tell another friend who is going through exactly what you are that she too will be spending more time on herself. I don't get it. I mean, Felicia isn't changing her beauty...she's just losing part of her. Just like you. So why do people think skinny people spend more time on themselves...? Huh, me thinks I'm gonna have to think about that.

I do predict you buy more clothes though.