Tuesday, November 03, 2009

tell it to ya tuesday

It's Tuesday. And since I'm sure that pretty much nothing could top the awesome that was yesterday's blog, I'm just going to tell yas some things.

1. I have become extremely lazy when it comes to cooking. This is new. Normally I like to cook, but lately I've been feeling like "Meh, I don't really want to eat, so I really don't want to cook" and then eating a dinner consisting of half a McIntosh apple and a hunk of Jarlsburg cheese.

2. I'm really not concerned about the not wanting to eat. I haven't had much of an appetite since my surgery, and while that feeling lasts, I'm okay with it. After what felt like 35 years of being completely preoccupied with food, it's nice to have a break.

3. Zumba tonight was all sorts of awesome, in part because before the class started Zumba Instructor told me I look fabulous. Awwww! Actually, I've been hearing that a lot this week. I'm not sure if it's more than other weeks, but I think the fact that I put away my scale and tried to put my recent stall out of my head has actually made it easier to hear, and more importantly believe, when people tell me such things, rather than thinking "yeah, I may look fabulous but the scale hasn't moved in four weeks and I'm never ever going to lose another pound again." No, I'm not neurotic about this. Not at all.

4. I unfriended someone on Facebook today for fomenting a discussion on her status message which led to a bunch of people bashing my state. Mind you, these were people who have never even been here. Perhaps I could tolerate such things if I hadn't spent five years in the upper midwest hearing how evil my state is, both the one I live in now, and the one in which I was born. They also made fun of my accent a lot too, which is also not cool. My accent is cool. And my state ROCKS.

5. I voted today, since I do try to be a good citizen and do my civic duty. I wasn't too jazzed about either of the candidates, and I'm actually shocked that the race went the way it did. The current governor isn't popular by any stretch of the imagination, but he's a kajillionaire and he had some major union endorsements, so I figured he'd win. Not sure how I feel about governor-elect. He kinda seems like a tool.

That's enough for now. Day 3 of NaBloPoMo. Keep on rockin' in the free world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesley,

You and I have never met, but I know about you through a friend of yours... and, this friend of yours has no clue that I've ever looked at your blog. I was just killing time and playing around on the internet... and came upon your blog through the blog of our mutual friend.

I just wanted to let you know that I think you are one courageous, wonderful person. I applaud your transformation and your candid commentary about it all.

Best of luck to you, Lesley!!

Lesley said...

Thank you so much! Your comment made my day, so thanks for taking the time to write it, and thanks for stopping by.