Tuesday, March 16, 2010

seymour's fare

Ooh, a rare daytime post! Lucky you!  I'm at work, technically on my lunch break thank you very much, and getting ready to go see the chiropodist for yet another post-op visit.  As I wait, I'm snacking on my latest and greatest snack discovery:

ROASTED CHICK PEAS!!!  I got the recipe from that Crockpot365 blog, which you really should check out anyway, and roasted these babies overnight.  I seasoned mine with a whole lemon, some kosher salt, and basil, since everything's better with basil.  The result is a crunchy little snack that's like little orbs of heaven.  Seriously.  These are good, and I think will be good for me when I'm trying to avoid things that aren't so good for Seymour (my pouch, if you're just tuning in) or for me. I am totally making these again, and will probably try different spice combinations, like garlic, curry, maybe even parmesan and herbs. Yum!

In other Epicurean news, I have a new improvised recipe simmering in the crockpot as I type this.  It's loosely based on some fabulous Chicken Savoy I had once.  It involves olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chicken thighs, kosher salt, herbs, and the juice of two lemons. I put the lemons themselves in the pot to simmer too. I'll let you know how this turns out, or hell, come over and join me if you feel so moved.  You would be especially welcome if you were to show up, say, with a chopped salad that somehow involved blue cheese. Dinner will be fashionably late, 'cause that's how we roll at Chez Lesleygirl.

Time for the chiropodist. More later.

3 comments:

knittinpreacher said...

if only I were closer, I would so take you up on that.

Snooze said...

I like the sound of those chick peas. Must dig out my slow cooker...

Hooli said...

I'll have to try those - gotta be a lot cheaper than the bulk snacks @ Whole Paycheck