Sunday, March 14, 2010

streetlights, people, living just to find emotion...

I haven't blogged in a few days so maybe you were coming here expecting to hear an apology for said lack of posting (haha on you!) or maybe a little ditty from me whining about how I'd really love to blog but I just don't have time. Well, keep looking. You won't find that action here, although I could totally tell you where to find it, and then we could snark about those blogs together! OMG FUN!

I've been sick the past few days with what I'm guessing is some sort of cold/creeping crud/virus type thing. I haven't had an actual cold in about three years (seriously) and really, I am not a fan. I mean, I get a lot of sinus infections and middle ear infections, and I used to get bronchitis/pneumonia and/or pleurisy like it was my job, but an actual cold? Not so much. At least with those infection-type things I know what to expect. I have no idea what to expect here so I'm just trying any and every remedy that pops into my head. I am, as ever, a huge fan of the neti pot, and I daresay it has eradicated all of the congestion in my noggin. I've had a little more trouble with the sore throat, though. I've stuck with the traditional salt and warm water gargling, but I've received many bizarro suggestions of other things I should gargle with, including: chili pepper, cider vinegar, hot water, cold water, Listerine, and sage. Not all at the same time. At least I hope not.

This cold had better pack its bags and clear out of town in the next few days because on Saturday, I will be getting on a plane to fly out to the midwestern part of this country to visit some of my besties. And I have to be feeling better by then so I can have more fun than humans are allowed to have. Which we, of course, will!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was totally going to hit "like" about the midwest visting, then realized this isn't facebook.

Hope you are feeling better soon...and can't wait to see you so we can snark about said blogs!!

Bellerina said...

YAYAYAYAY for midwest visiting and besties. :)

Blogs? Who has time to write blogs? I'm not even going to TELL you how busy I am. OMFG.