Wednesday, February 09, 2011

mittwoch

A list? Why not?!!!

1. I have found something that makes me feel even better than a well-timed glass of shiraz or a SF hot chocolate with whipped cream vodka, and that thing is Schadenfreude. Yeah, that may be a little bit evil, but it's true.

2. My plantar fasciitis is once again sucking my will to live. I need to figure out something soon as to how to deal with this. Right now I'm rolling my foot on a frozen water bottle as I type this and thankfully it is providing some relief.

3. Odd food craving of the day: ramen. Why ramen? I have no flippin' clue. I'm pretty sure that the last time I made ramen I was in a dorm, used a coffee pot to heat the water, and was possibly wearing acid wash, but still, I would really like some ramen tonight.

4. I think I'm well-prepared for my AFAA certification on Friday, but now I'm nervous as hell about it. I hate that I know that I don't look like a typical group fitness instructor, and worry that I'll be judged because of that. Honestly, I do think the world needs more fitness instructors who are not a size 2 but we've still got a long way to go in dealing with that prejudice, baby.

5. Now that I'm home more with my cats, I'm shocked at how much of their time is devoted to Observing The Human. I want to tell them that I'm not all that interesting and they'd be better off watching birds or cars out the window, but as you may know, cats really can't be reasoned with. So instead they observe me for hours upon hours, and I pretend not to notice.


That's five. That's enough. Don't be greedy.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

I'd so rather take a fitness class by an instructor who looked more "normal" than one who looked freakishly buff.

Good luck, as if you need it.