Monday, February 21, 2011

mueve la cadera

Mueve la Cadera is the song that's on my iTunes right now. So go ahead and move those hips for me, okay?

Meanwhile, I'll write a list:

1. I'm going to see the knee doctor tomorrow. More documentation for my reconstructive surgery. Yeah, let's get this party started!

2. After the knee doctor, I have a small window of time in which to eat lunch, then I have to take the train to Trenton for an appointment at the unemployment office. Yes, I am that lucky. I'm not sure if I have enough time to get drunk before I go there. I'd really hate to once again be the only sober person in the unemployment office. I just hate feeling like I don't fit in, you know.

3. On a serious note, I know that once again going to unemployment will depress the living shit out of me, as it has before. After my workshop last week, my fellow workshop participants and I decided that the unemployment office has a way of ripping the scab right back off again. So, if you are feeling so inclined, feel free to text or email me something funny around 1:15 pm EST.  That's my appointment time. I'm getting on the train at 12:55.

4. I have to say that four days later, the cortisone shot in my heel was made of awesome because I feel great. I can actually get out of bed in the morning without walking like I'm Igor. Progress! I feel like the rest of my foot is adjusting to the change but overall my foot is happy.


That's enough. Sister needs some sleepy-bye.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

"I'd really hate to once again be the only sober person in the unemployment office." Is that including the workers? = )

I didn't read this in time so I'll send happy thoughts over to you now...and I wish I had something funny to say, but alas, I'm lacking.