Thursday, February 24, 2011

two for thursday

Why two? Me am tired!

1. I'm actually starting to enjoy my time off. Do I really need to worry about getting a job so soon? Okay, okay, I know this time off will end, but in the meantime, I don't think there's anything wrong with my enjoying this time.  Also, I'm going to buy some Powerball tickets. Ya know, just in case.

2. I am grateful for people who help me to see things from a different perspective. My sister L has done just this for me recently. While I was here grumbling "those fuckers" and feeling angry about EVERYTHING, she pointed out that technically, with the severance I received I am now being paid NOT to work. This has changed a lot of how I feel about my day-to-day activities. I can do things like go to my lady-of-leisure daytime gym classes and think "I'm being paid to go to the gym!" and then "I'm being paid to go out to lunch!" or "I'm being paid to sit on the couch and play laser pointer with the beasts!" Not too shabby.


Sleepy time now. Someone's got more doctor appointments tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

Smart sister. And you're not only getting paid to go to lunch, but double pay since you said someone else usually buys the unemployed chick lunch.