Thursday, March 17, 2011

and the rest of the day too!

Today's subject is the proper response when someone says "Top o' the morning to you!" Because this blog should be educational as well as entertaining, right?  The More You Know...

Today was pretty rockin', in addition to being St. Patrick's Day. I had to do quite a bit of running around, including another trip to the chiropodist about my plantar fasciitis. He said I didn't need another cortisone shot now (YAY!!!) and told me about an alternative to the usual giant plantar fasciitis night brace that would give me some relief.  And since I didn't need a cortisone shot, I was still able to go to Zumba. Win-WIN.

After Zumba, I went to Casa de LesleyParents for the traditional corned beef & cabbage, followed later by Irish soda bread and Irish coffee. I realize everyone probably says this, but my mom makes the best soda bread and Irish coffee. It's true. There are several different variations of soda bread, some more bread-like with caraway seeds (ugh!), and some more cake-like. LesleyMom's recipe is from the North of Ireland and thus more scone-like and not too sweet. I'm not a huge fan of raisins baked into anything, but I make an exception for soda bread. I was actually thinking of scaring up my own batch soon and putting cranberries in it instead. Hmm...

While watching TV after dinner, we saw a few previews for the remake of "Arthur." I said I'd like to see it, but only if it includes the original theme from the original "Arthur." You know the song I mean: "when you get caught between the moon and New York City..." I did some searching on YouTube with my iPhone and found a video of that song, complete with the lyrics! This led to LesleyMom and I singing quite the karaoke rendition, and maybe with me doing an interpretive dance as well, although I shall neither confirm nor deny such rumors. LesleyDad later asked "So what brought on the tribute to Christopher Cross?" Well, it's hard to say, really.

And yes, all these after dinner shenanigans did happen after the consumption of Irish coffee. Why do you ask?

2 comments:

Snooze said...

I must admit... I did not know the proper answer to top of the morning. Thanks!

Jenn from WA said...

Cranberries in soda bread would be yummy!

As for Author, I'm not huge Russell Bland fan, but saw the previews and thought it looked pretty good.