Monday, March 14, 2011

pi day

I can think of 3.14 things to tell you today. Let's have at 'em:

1. The cats are oblivious to daylight savings time. This is a good thing. I was very tired after the weekend and hoping to sleep in a little this morning, and they actually let me sleep until almost 9:00! Unheard of! Then tonight when I came home from the gym, they greeted me at the door as they usually do (so damn cute) but rather than Clementine's usual rather vocal requests for dinner accompanied by Luna's usual trying to open the refrigerator door which normally happens around 5:30, they were perfectly content to just hang out for a little while. I like this little time shift, I have to say.

2. I think I have found my dream sneaker. This is good. However, I wore a different pair for the first half of the Zumba training I went to yesterday and I think they killed my heel yet again. I have an appointment with the chiropodist later this week, meanwhile I'm rolling my sore heel on a frozen water bottle. Sounds a little crazy but it totally works. I never thought it would be so hard to find good sneakers, but then again, I never thought I would be someone who worked out so much that I'd have to worry about injuries and proper footwear.

3.  I've been thinking more about the whole rejection thing I had mentioned yesterday. I'm thinking that I shouldn't take these things personally. I'm also thinking that this is easier said than done. I'm feeling rejected not just in the job area of my life, and I'm thinking I also need to not take that personally, but reframe my thinking and change my standards, both when it comes to jobs and men. Yeah, this is vague. You can email me if you want to discuss.

3.14  In honor of Pi Day, I baked a ricotta pie. Jarlsburg cheese with ham this time. SO GOOD. Sort of like if a quiche lorraine and some ricotta got together and had a child.


Good night.

1 comment:

sairy said...

well you know I want to know what your dream sneakers are :)

I'm pissed because Nike discontinued mine - air troupe mids. So ghetto but so comfy at the same time!