Monday, August 22, 2011

the hard way

This blog365 thing is a cruel mistress sometimes. There are days when I really don't feel like writing and yet, here I am. I'm sure the daily discipline is good for me and will either have some therapeutic effect (blogging is cheaper than therapy, after all) or it will help launch my career as a writer, but either way, today I'm not feelin' it, dawg.

As for today, I'd give myself a B- when it comes to providing more structure for myself as I had talked about. Not a bad grade and certainly not one that would keep one off the honor roll or Dean's List (as I learned many a semester!), but not my best effort.  But this gives me room for improvement tomorrow, right?

In other news, today had quite a fun ending, as some of my girlfriends and I went out for dinner & beverages at a local tavern that I really enjoy. For those of you keeping track at home, I have a Very Important Anniversary coming up this week, so we took this time to celebrate. And I have to say, I feel pretty damn good celebrating my accomplishments! I haven't yet decided what I'm going to get myself for my anniversary (or surgiversary, if you will) this year. Last year's gift to myself was the Keurig machine. Suggestions are welcome!

Good night.

No comments: